Hello from Hopatcong, NJ!!

SuperOx74

May 11, 2023
NEW JERSEY
Afternoon all!! 1st year pool owner here and finding it a bit overwhelming lol!! I have a 24' Round Above Ground with Salt Water, DE Filter and 110kBTU Hayward elec heater. Pool was installed the first week of April, had the initial water fill trucked in from a local company and then the monsoons hit and we had crazy rain for a week straight!! Pool water was high, tests were off etc..... then came the "snowfall" of dandelion fluff that coated to surface of the water and now all the helicopters dropping from the trees!! I've been emptying my skimmer basket 3/4 times a day and I've been bringing test strips to Leslie's almost daily to get the water under control. I have already spent at least a couple hundred on chemicals (mostly Dry Acid to get Alkalinity in line and Soda Ash for the pH). Decided to take the water to Pelican to testing today and they came back very different.... Hoping I can learn the ins and outs here as I navigate this new hobby?? Total pool noob here, lol Please don't be too harsh! lol

Welcome to TFP! :wave: We encourage you to visit and save our Pool Care Basics page as it has tons of great info. We can guarantee if you test your own water with a proper test kit and follow TFP advice, your pool and water maintenance season will be much more enjoyable .... and cheaper. See How Clear is TFP Clear? for some examples.

Enjoy the forum. :swim: