Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

AHHHMAZING your backyard is just as muddy as mine! We are so close to being finished! Love your pool.. Did you get any floats yet?! Ordered the swan this week [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't FEEL close to being done! I'm ready for more progress, for sure! Yours looks great, too!
Actually, for Easter I bought the grandkids a bunch of pool noodles, a ride on turtle and shark, some water shooters and a paddle game for the pool.

Our 30th wedding anniversary was last Tuesday. I bought my husband and myself a couple of floating loungers (inexpensive ones) from Swimways to use when there's no kiddos here. I think we are set with the pool toys for now...except maybe a basketball net and a volleyball net. Now I need loungers, cushions, deck boxes, and umbrellas.

I am officially tired of the open trenches and dirt mounds in my yard. We were supposed to have workers here yesterday to backfill but nothing happened. It had rained the night before and there was the threat of rain during the day, but it ended up not raining. I waited until 8:30 this morning to see if anyone was going to do any work today before I texted the PB. Told him I was officially tired of the dirt. He says they will be here to clean up the yard and backfill "later today". He also said they would be grading the yard for decking this week.
Right now rain is forecast for tomorrow. We are on week 9 since layout and dig...

Tomorrow is the 3 week mark for the LS tile. It should be shipping soon.

Anyone disgusted with how long their pool is taking, consider this. My pool was built several years ago during the building boom. Work started in early September, but the local concrete plant had a partial shutdown causing a concrete shortage. That along with several other delays resulted is water going into the pool in February. And mine is a pretty simple pool/spa combo. No waterfall, rock features or anything else fancy. Not even a coping, just cantilevered deck edge. So anything less than six months sounds pretty good to me.

6 months IS a long time! We were told 6-10 weeks. We have several more weeks of work left-deck, masonry, tile, equipment, pergola, plaster, fill and startup. I'm still hoping we can swim by Memorial Day, especially since I took the weekend off :)

Well, I just spoke with my sales guy at Lightstreams... *sigh* My order is going to be at least another week longer before they ship (then an additional week transit time) because it's their busy time and they had a delay. I'm frustrated because they never called to tell me and if I hadn't called, I would not have heard from them. "Sorry. I guess I should have called you." They are now looking at expedited shipping (if it's not too pricey) because I suggested they need to expedite it. If they think it's too expensive, they won't do it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anyone disgusted with how long their pool is taking, consider this. My pool was built several years ago during the building boom. Work started in early September, but the local concrete plant had a partial shutdown causing a concrete shortage. That along with several other delays resulted is water going into the pool in February. And mine is a pretty simple pool/spa combo. No waterfall, rock features or anything else fancy. Not even a coping, just cantilevered deck edge. So anything less than six months sounds pretty good to me.

We actually signed in November. In Dec and Jan we had the utilities taken care of and dig the beginning of Feb. if we go from signing, we are at 6 months with no end in sight. :/

I don't even want to think how long if I went back to the day of signing the contract. I just looked and the final drawings of the pool design were dated in April, and the pool didn't have water in it until the next February. But in fairness the actual construction (aka, muddy mess) was "only" six months long.

AND the most things done and redone!!

Kim
Yes! So true!! He is the winner of multiple awards that no one wants!

Denise, so sorry about the no show. I understand! The dirt and mud are not fun, but although it only lasts a short time, it seems like forever! Hang in there! It'll be worth it!

I'm just frustrated because it has been 2 solid weeks with nothing being done and the weather has been good for the most part. And now I'm waiting longer for the tile to get here. I just got LS's response email and the expedited shipping would cost them about $260. They aren't willing to do that. They aren't offering anything for their delay and lack of communication. I guess it will get here when it gets here. I just pray it's not damaged in shipping.

In the meantime, I am enjoying everyone else's builds!

Yes! So true!! He is the winner of multiple awards that no one wants!

I'm just frustrated because it has been 2 solid weeks with nothing being done and the weather has been good for the most part. And now I'm waiting longer for the tile to get here. I just got LS's response email and the expedited shipping would cost them about $260. They aren't willing to do that. They aren't offering anything for their delay and lack of communication. I guess it will get here when it gets here. I just pray it's not damaged in shipping.

That is one of the reasons that we did not go with the lightstreams, we didn't want to be the reason for anymore delays .
i must say that we are super happy with our tile choice , although next to the flagstone it was definitely the hardest decision.
we too are soo tired of the mud as well as the mess that the contractors are making . Hopefully we have an end In sight !

I can empathize. Similar delays and much much more happened on our patio build. It will work out and get done and still in time for the best of the summer weather.

plat.

That is one of the reasons that we did not go with the lightstreams, we didn't want to be the reason for anymore delays .
i must say that we are super happy with our tile choice , although next to the flagstone it was definitely the hardest decision.
we too are soo tired of the mud as well as the mess that the contractors are making . Hopefully we have an end In sight !

I can empathize. Similar delays and much much more happened on our patio build. It will work out and get done and still in time for the best of the summer weather.

plat.

yes! Summer is coming and hopefully the finished pool arrives before it does!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.