Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

I love those Adirondack chairs. I went a little crazy and bought too many. Down here I found them at Lowe's, Target, and I think a grocery store. I think they are very comfortable! And I like that they stack for storage!

I'm not happy at all about the way LightStreams has treated you! Unacceptable! After you get them, I think I will send Brian an email. I have pictures of his dogs for goodness sake! He should remember me. If it weren't for me, you probably wouldn't have ordered them. But I won't do anything until I know you have them and all is good! They should definitely pay to do expedited shipping. In this case, they are completely responsible!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

Suz

Sweet Suz, it's always a treat when you pop in!

I'm pretty pleased with the chairs. It's also nice to know other have bought them and are happy with them.

Oh, you are so sweet to want to call LS, but it really isn't necessary. With all this rain it's not like they could have installed them anyway. Yes, I think they should expedite the shipping for me at their cost, but they don't feel the same way about it and I'm not going to pay the extra. The tile SHOULD ship today. I'm going to call and check on it when they open. If it's delayed another week, I think I'm going to try to get my money back. We'll see. They say no refunds...
I'm just praying they arrive in pristine condition so my build can move forward. If the rain would ever stop...

Ok, I won't do anything unless you give the green light. But still.......

It sounds like you're having rains like we did last spring. I know how frustrating that is! I promise, all this waiting will be a faint memory after you've had time to enjoy your pool. I do remember that I sure didn't feel that way during the build - I wanted it to be completed - like yesterday! You are a very patient person and will be rewarded for that! (I hope..... Lol!)

Suz

I spoke with Brian at LS late this afternoon. He says they are JUST NOW making my tile and they HOPE to have it shipped on Friday. *sigh* I asked him if he would email me on Friday if the are unable to ship and he said he would TRY to remember but that really he's just too busy. He did promise that they always email a tracking number when an order is shipped. I guess if I don't get an email with tracking on Friday, that means it didn't make it out.
Meanwhile, we have more rain in the forecast.

The tile was supposed to be shipped today, and they are just now making it?? Can you cancel the order? Being busy is no excuse for poor customer follow up. That stuff is too expensive. You are definitely more patient than I am.

I am so sorry you're having to go through this!
Suz

Hey.. Just checking in are you almost done with your build? I know I'm probably kidding myself! Hope all is well.. We are close to being done but now the landscape is holding us up.. We didn't know how much a darn patio could cost!!! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unacceptable customer service! If LS is holding up your build they need to expedite production and shipping. When I am behind on orders I expedite shipping at my cost. I would let Suz sent an email. They sure are not treating you right. Their tile is beautiful, but they need to stay on top of their promised schedule. I can't believe it was supposed to ship last week and they are just making it now.

I'm so sorry your pretty tile is held up. I loved the look of the Shell Beach, but the wait time killed it. I would be livid if it kept getting pushed back, especially without upfront communication. I hope it arrives soon, and I hope they expedite ship at their cost. That just seems like a no-brainer, yet still not enough to make up for the error.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Denise, I agree with the others. At the very least they should give you a "thanks for your patience and we value your business" discount for being so behind. I'd be pretty upset and I think I'd let Suz send an email. If I were referring someone and then found out they weren't being treated right I'd be upset and want them to understand that I put my name on the line for them. The lack of communication is really the biggest problem. I was considering ordering from them soon, at least for all of my steps and benches but I'm reconsidering now. I'm going to look for an iridescent I can get elsewhere.

Lightstreams customer service sounds horrible. They do have a nice product but it sure sounds like they really don't give a rip about satisfying a customer. There is other very similar product out there so I hope others will see this thread and look elsewhere.

Trying not sound critical but it seems that it is common that people who are building pools wait until the end of construction to pick/order their tile.

I've seen that in some builds too but not in this case. Denise ordered hers with plenty of time. When she called to confirm shipment (at the time LS set as the expected date) they told her it hadn't been made yet and would be delayed to ship. They gave her a new date. Now as I understand it, the new ship date has come and gone and they still haven't made it yet. They are not even willing to pay to expedite the shipping once production is complete. She's been very patient and THEY set their own expectations they didn't live up to.

I'm a big fan of the under promise and over deliver method of customer service. Not a fan of those that over promise and under deliver as it seems they've done here.

It's been awhile since I posted an update. Nothing much happening due to rain delays and mud...lots of mud.

Lightstreams FINALLY shipped my tile this past Monday (2 days shy of 5 weeks after ordering), and according to the tracking, should be here this weekend. Yay! Thay did not expedite my shipping, give me a discount or do anything remotely customer service friendly to make up for the delay and very poor communication-actually ZERO communication. I politely told the man there that their customer service and communication was sadly lacking. I did get several apologies from him. oh well, what's done is done. Just know if you want their tile, plan several extra weeks into the lead time regardless of the timeframe you are quoted. And, they will NOT refund your money once you pay for your order.

Last Thursday, the PB office called me to tell me I could not have the color I had picked out for my salt finish deck as it is a stamped color only. This would not have been a major issue except that I had picked out my stone and waterline tile to coordinate with the deck color. I was crushed. I spent hours looking at the color choices to try to come up with something I could live with and that would work with everything. I sure didn't want to repick the stone.
Well, hubby and I talked about it for several days and this morning we decided to go ahead with the stamped concrete. I had originally wanted stamped (after travertine, of course), but we decided not to pay for the upgrade and just do a colored salt deck. But now I'm getting the stamped after all. The woman in the office said the sub will contact me and come out to the house, show us samples and we'll go from there. I'm sure this will involve an additional delay.... *sigh* BUT, at least my deck will be really pretty and EXACTLY what I want.

I'm currently caught up working for and paying for my upgrades, now to start paying off the deck upgrade. We also decided to make the deck larger....Go big or go home, right? In the original plan there is no deck on the backside of the pool where it abuts the easement. We have decided to add between 4-5' on that side to keep the dirt/landscape/whatever we put there away from the pool edge and also be able to walk around the whole pool. It'll be just wide enough to set a chair but not for walking around the chair, which is ok.

At this point I have no real idea when anything will be done or even when anyone will be back. I have heard for the last 3 weeks that "monday" or "later in the week" we are scheduled for deck layout, but it keeps raining and I think I'm partly getting a pat answer to placate me.

I have water that's collected in my spa from all the rain, but nothing standing in the pool itself. That seems odd to me based on the pools I see in the forum with tons of standing water from rain. Should I be concerned?

I watched a couple of videos on cleaning a DE filter. It looks pretty straight forward and not at all difficult, so I selected the DE filter today instead of the sand. I'm hoping I don't regret it...

I made a final decision on my scuppers. I decided not to go with the bowl scuppers, much as I like them. I felt like it would look too bulky with the firebowls. I also really like the radius scuppers but was concerned that the grandkids would hang on them and they would get bent or cut up their little hands. I decided on the U-shaped scuppers in the oil rubbed bronze finish. They give a nice broken water stream and are pretty heavy duty. They should withstand the little monkeys pulling on them and not cut little hands.

I'm currently working like crazy (hence the absence). I still have a long list of items to buy, not including the additional deck costs. I don't foresee us being able to swim until June, so still some time left to pay cash for these things. Costco opened on the 21st of this month just a mile or so down the road. I popped in there for a look the other day. I saw several things I think I need to get....

I have been peeking in on some of the builds, but I'm super far behind!

Anyone know if Jamie had her baby yet????

Thanks for stopping by!

Hey.. Just checking in are you almost done with your build? I know I'm probably kidding myself! Hope all is well.. We are close to being done but now the landscape is holding us up.. We didn't know how much a darn patio could cost!!! [emoji15]

Ahhh, you are funny, my friend! We are not even CLOSE to being done! PB told me it would be another 3-4 SOLID weeks of work, without rain. SO far, just a bunch of rain...and mud.
Yes, the patio/decking is so expensive! But better get it now than wish you had later. I have peeked in on your progress...looking good!!

Unacceptable customer service! If LS is holding up your build they need to expedite production and shipping. When I am behind on orders I expedite shipping at my cost. I would let Suz sent an email. They sure are not treating you right. Their tile is beautiful, but they need to stay on top of their promised schedule. I can't believe it was supposed to ship last week and they are just making it now.

Yeah, I could barely believe it myself. Thankfully, since we had so much rain, nothing was being held up. It was just frustrating.

I'm so sorry your pretty tile is held up. I loved the look of the Shell Beach, but the wait time killed it. I would be livid if it kept getting pushed back, especially without upfront communication. I hope it arrives soon, and I hope they expedite ship at their cost. That just seems like a no-brainer, yet still not enough to make up for the error.

Hopefully, UPS will get it here this weekend. Who knows- maybe it will get installed this next week! One can hope...

Trying not sound critical but it seems that it is common that people who are building pools wait until the end of construction to pick/order their tile.

I actually was told by my PB to wait to order it until after the gunite was poured so we could get an exact measurement. The order was phoned in on April 23. They actually told me to write on my calendar 3 weeks from that very day (and they gave me the date) that the tile would ship. And he said that date was at the outside. The day it was supposed to ship, I called to check on it. i was told they hadn't started making it yet and that it would ship the following week. So, the following week arrives and I called the day it was supposed to ship and it was just then being manufactured. I was then told it would ship in 2 days (on Friday)
. I called the following Monday because i never received any tracking on Friday. It still had not shipped but was assured it was shipping that day. I then received tracking numbers later that afternoon. My order shipped about 2 1/2 weeks later than I was told.

I'm a big fan of the under promise and over deliver method of customer service. Not a fan of those that over promise and under deliver as it seems they've done here.

I'm a big fan of that myself. Good way to succeed in business!

Yay! I am glad the LS tile should be in your hands soon and so glad it wasn't holding up your build.

And happy for you it worked out and you get the stamped concrete deck that you really wanted. It is nice that you can pick up extra hours to pay for upgrades. :)

Not sure about water not being in the pool...

Costco opening nearby is dangerous! LOL!

At least it shipped and will be here soon! I'd still let Suz send that email. Can't hurt!

Yea on the stamped concrete! Woo hoo!!!! And to not having to make all of your selections again.

We're supposed to getting a Costco but they're taking their sweet time with breaking ground. Hoping it gets started soon. In the mean time, share and tell me what I need too. Lol

At least the pretties are on their way at long last. I will NOT be saying to use them again :(

Good call on the scuppers. Little monkey's safety comes first for sure AND they will be pretty!

Good call on making the decking go all the way around the pool! You will be glad for many reasons.

Stamped after all huh? Funny how that works! Thank goodness for working extra shifts! (BUT I bet you are SO tired right now :hug:)

Last I saw Jamie has not had her baby. It should be any day now though.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.