Heating my above ground pool please help

Welcome to TFP! To start it off there are three choices.
Solar panels, needs sunny southern exposure
Heat pump, best for maintaining constant heat level
Gas/propane heater, best for occasional heating or quick temp bump

Solar has lowest operating cost, heat pump is generally next lowest then gas then propane. Propane is usually quite a bit more expensive than gas. The cost differential to heat with a heat pump vs gas really depends on how much and how often you heat.

There are pool heating calculators online, but I haven't used one recently.

We are using solar heat here and if you have a good south or southwest area that you can put the solar panels up on a roof or another structure that gets good midday sun they are very economical. We live in Pennsylvania and our pool temperatures stayed pretty consistently in the upper 80's to low 90's all summer. I have been in my pool a few times already this year with the solar panels on and we are having a very cool spring so far. I have extended our pool season into October both the years we have used it. It has been very economical and essentially trouble free. Others here also use propane, gas, and heat pump. Most here who started with propane switched from it to another method due to cost of operation. solar has been easy for us and essentially free not counting buying the panels. Almost forgot, we do use a solar cover to keep the heat in at night. Without it the pool loses several degrees each night as I have found out when I was too lazy to put the cover back on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.