Heater shutting down after two minutes

If you have replaced the board and the AGS sensor, then the wiring might be bad.

Check the input voltage and all wiring on everything.

Check the voltage coming out of the transformer.
Maybe a bad board, bad wiring or bad sensor.

If you have replaced the sensor and the board, then that leaves the wiring.

Check the voltage across the sensor with the wires connected.

Check the voltage at the wires with the wires disconnected.

Maybe you got a bad sensor.

If you used Amazon, then the sensor is highly likely to be bad if it was a generic sensor from China.

Reactions: Poolbreh
Maybe a bad board, bad wiring or bad sensor.

If you have replaced the sensor and the board, then that leaves the wiring.

Check the voltage across the sensor with the wires connected.

Check the voltage at the wires with the wires disconnected.

Maybe you got a bad sensor.

If you used Amazon, then the sensor is highly likely to be bad if it was a generic sensor from China.
Yes most items were from Amazon. Board, bypass, thermal regulator, all senors.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Amazon is loaded with cheap Chinese generic junk parts.
Well that was the best advice. Didn't believe a new things are not tested properly. Will not buy anymore parts from Amazon. Changed the PC Board to the old one and the unit now works perfectly. This has been so frustrating and I have given up for weeks at a time. Want to thank you for all your recommendations which have been spot on. Believe I had a bad bypass to begin with but changed all the parts and ended up with a defective board. Old board fuctiong just fine. Thanks again.

Reactions: Poolbreh and JamesW
That's correct
Yes exactly. Changed every part before removing the manifold (well because I am an amateur and that to me was a "big job"). So finally changed the bypass which was rather easy but in the process updated all the easy fixes board, sensors, gas manifold (which I broke by tapping it with a hammer), ignitor (which I also damaged). Once everything back together still had errors. Turned out was defective board and replaced with old board and it worked. Spent about the same as paying a professional to just change bypass.

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.