Heater help

Kiddo44pct

Apr 20, 2017
Nyc
I have an Aquasport 52 inground that is 15x25..It was put in last year and am thinking about installing NG heater..I have a gas line to my bbq and would most likely tee it off then go about 25 feet to the filter system where I would set up heater. Does anyone know total cost approximates...I am in NYC area(Bronx)..any recommendations on equipment..I am very confused on how much the parts or even labor should be..thanks in advance

I am not sure on the costs, but you would need to be sure that the pipe running to the BBQ was sufficiently sized to supply both the heater and the BBQ. If it is not, then the cost is going to go up a lot as you would need to run the gas pipe from the meter. Gas heaters tend to need a lot of gas and a large pipe.

There are two parts. 1) the gas line and 2) the heater.

Natural gas and LP is currently installed using flexible (yellow) gas line. It much easier to work with than the old school black or green gas pipe.

With that said the line needs to be buried 2 feet underground with a wire tracer to allow the line to be ID's with a metal detector. So anyone can install this part
for not much money. You can buy 1/2 inch gas pipe at the Home Depot and anyone can dig and bury it. Without knowing the ag, diameter and quality of you bbq line its
hard to tell if you can T off that or you will need to pull a new clean line for your heater. If its a newer line >5 years old its most likely OK to work with but the gas pros'
will let you know.

THE CONNECTIONS to the active gas line and to the heater should be done by a qualified gas tech. They test and make sure the line has correct pressure.
Many local gas companies do this work, or can install the whole line for you.

I would start by getting a bid or two from a local gas contractor for installing the line.

Once the line is installed the heater is a simple hookup. You will also need electrical power for the heater.

My guess would be >$500-$1500 for the gas line and $2-$2500 for a good heater. You may be able to cut that down by either doing work yourself or getting a few bids.

B

PS also not knowing your area I do not know if you need a permit for the gas line or heater. The contractors will know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.