Hayward SP2602 programing question

Jun 24, 2007
Eastern NC
I looked You Tube and Googled but didn't find what I was wanting. I have my Goldline SWG hooked to an Intermac timer. The pump runds 24/7. I was wanting to run the pump off the timer so that both would just turn on and off together and not run the pump all the time but from what I understand on a VS pump you can't do that or that it is not recommended.

So now what it seems I can only do is run the pump at the required speed to produce enough flow to run the SWG for a few hours out of the day to keep the chlorine where it needs to be and then run the pump at it's lowest setting the rest of the time.

What I was trying to find out is can the VSP turn it's self off and back on? I didn't see anything regarding this in the manual. It does have a clock to set so if I set it to run say at 2400rpms from 10am to 4pm can it be set up to only run at this time? Or do I have to put in the another speed setting for the rest of the time from 4pm to 10am?

I tried to contact Hayward tech support but they didn't have a tech available and couldn't help.

Thanks

I can’t find a manual for the SP2602. I find a 2600 manual and a 2603 manual. It looks like the 2600 did not have a clock on/off function. That seems to be added in the 2603 model. So I’d you can’t find it on your pump I am not surprised.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.