Hayward H350 heater panel not lighting

You have what is called a Frankenstein unit. It looks like someone else has given up trying to repair it.
That gas valve is for a "clicklite" not electronic ignition.

Good luck. I don't think I would want that unit at my home if I wasn't sure of its designed operation.

Not sure what you mean by Frankenstein unit. It had been sitting unused for a couple of years, but as far as I can tell the "designed operation" is to make a fire and heat the water, just like any other heater...
Nobody gave up trying to repair it. They had closed the pool and filled it in, so no more need for the heater.

Where do the brown wires on the gas valve lead?

I don't see any manuals that describe an H350 heater with an intermittent pilot ignition. Either they are millivolt, or DSI direct spark ignition.

A "clicklite" standing pilot gas valve would have the two brown wires that would connect to a pilot generator or thermopile.

Intermittent pilot spark ignition would have a 24v output on the control board to the pilot terminals on the gas valve.

Direct spark ignition would only have two wires to the main valve.

So, my point was, it looks like a Frankenstein unit using different parts from different style units.

The only other use for the brown wires on a DSI type valve would be safety shutoff connected in series with the limit switches. I don't see any manuals having that set up though.

Just a brief follow up. We ended up getting a second hand Raypak heater this season and with the exception of one time that the filter was too dirty, it's worked perfectly. Thanks again to everyone for the help, even if I couldn't make it work. The process was still educational.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.