Spowers2007

Sep 11, 2021
Florida Panhandle
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I installed a GVA-24 valve actuator to control a waterfall. It is plugged into an Omnihub. With power to the Omnihub, there does not appear to be any power to the actuator. Moving the switch to On1 or On 2 does nothing. I opened up the actuator and tested for 24VAC between black and red/white and got 0. Did this with the actuator manual switch in the OFF and On1 position.

Also tested the pins on the Omnihub connector and got 0. Assuming I should see 24VAC there but not sure.

Any thoughts on what to try next? The Omnihub and GVA-24 are both new but I suppose one or the other could be defective out of the box. Hopefully, I'm just doing something dumb that can be easily corrected.

I installed a GVA-24 valve actuator to control a waterfall. It is plugged into an Omnihub. With power to the Omnihub, there does not appear to be any power to the actuator. Moving the switch to On1 or On 2 does nothing. I opened up the actuator and tested for 24VAC between black and red/white and got 0. Did this with the actuator manual switch in the OFF and On1 position.

Also tested the pins on the Omnihub connector and got 0. Assuming I should see 24VAC there but not sure.

Any thoughts on what to try next? The Omnihub and GVA-24 are both new but I suppose one or the other could be defective out of the box. Hopefully, I'm just doing something dumb that can be easily corrected.
Try pluging it into a different socket.

I will have to take a close look at the OmniHub PCB in the morning to try and spot a fuse. I'm not finding a reference to a fuse in the manuals. The other controlled devices are working.

I will have to take a close look at the OmniHub PCB in the morning to try and spot a fuse. I'm not finding a reference to a fuse in the manuals. The other controlled devices are working.
Should be between the transformer and the valve-actuator sockets.
Hayward-HLXHIOPCB-2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.