Sparkmaster

In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Do these things go bad? Almost 8 years old and just filled it with 3" tabs but showing no chlorine at all.. Pool is sparkling clean. Been using liquid up until 5 days ago. All my numbers are where there suppose to be. I have it set to 3 and barely showing anything.. Thanks in advance

Usually what that means is the pucks have put tooooo much stabilizer in the water. FC has to be balanced to the CYA level to avoid algae. See Chart Below:
FC/CYA Levels
At TFP we don't suggest the routine use of pucks of any kind (esp not Clorox XtraBlu as they also contain copper). We encourage users to use either Liquid Chlorine or a Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWG) to chlorinate their pools. Our pools sparkle!

Got questions... fire away!

Maddie :flower:

Do these things go bad? Almost 8 years old and just filled it with 3" tabs but showing no chlorine at all.. Pool is sparkling clean. Been using liquid up until 5 days ago. All my numbers are where there suppose to be. I have it set to 3 and barely showing anything.. Thanks in advance
The simple answer is yes, they do. At least the various ports, O rings, and valves can. Are the tablets dissolving? If not there is something clogged in the water management parts. There are various qualities in tabs and some have so much filler they "gum up the works."
The pH of the "soup" that remains in the housing when the system shuts down is so low that it deteriorates the plastic over time as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.