Hayward Aquarite Control from Omnihub

Jul 7, 2012
We just installed the daughterboard on our Aquarite to our Omnihub. I can't figure out how to configure the Omnihub to see the chlorinator. The "remotely controlling" light is ON on the Aquarite.

Also, when I open the Omnilogic app, I see a notification that says this: "Limit of 0 for AQR Convert exceeded.

Anybody done this before with success?

When you say daughter board, you're referring to the AquaRite Omni PCB Kit (HLAQRPCB)?

Can you share photos of the instructions that came with it (they don't seem publicly available).

Hi! Yes I am referring to that part. Directions are here in this post:

Last edited:
Merged threads - TFP Mod
I am trying to add some equipment to my Omnihub and I believe I need a firmware update to enable them.

I've scoured all the firmware update posts here and they all say I need to do both the MSP and the MPP update. However, when I look at my system info on my Omni Hub, I only see the MSP with it's current version, not any MPP. Does anyone know if I need to also update the MPP, if I have an Omnihub (and not Omnilogic).

Or maybe it'll just tell me when I put in the USB? I've never done this before.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! So I downloaded the MSP and went outside to do the update, however, when I get to the selection of the firmware file, there is nothing listed on the Omnihub display. I have ensured there is no .txt after the MSP firmware, so I don't know what the problem is. The Omnihub is also writing the SysLogFile_A.txt file you see below to the USB, so it apparently can access it. It is also formatted as FAT32. Here's how it looks from my PC:

1595536999682.png

Any ideas? I am going crazy with this. I've also tried multiple USB Drives as well.

Looking at the release notes can you confirm the steps you took? The only difference is the f/ware file you have is newer (MSP_AR_R0302002 vs MSP_AR_R0302000). On the Hayward site you can click "Previous Version" to get the latter - maybe try upgrading to that first and then retry the later version?

Omni MSP Controller firmware to R3.2.0:
  1. Install firmware files on to an Omni compatible USB drive and place drive into your Omni
    controller USB port.
  2. Back up your current configuration file by going to "config" > "backup config" > "Backup
    to USB"
  3. Place the system in service mode by pressing the power button in the lower left-hand corner and
    then select <service mode>
  4. Read the warning message and then select "Yes"
  5. Press the down arrow at the bottom of the first service mode screen and then select "Upgrade"
  6. Select <MSP> from the list of devices and press the checkmark.
  7. Next press <USB>, then navigate to the file <MSP_AR_R0302000>, then press the checkmark
    (the same image can be used to upgrade both the OmniLogic and VS Omni controllers)
  8. Press the checkmark again to begin the upgrade
  9. When the upgrade has finished, press the checkmark and the system will reboot

Thank you for your help.

1. - done
2. - done (and I can see the backup on the USB drive when I take it out and put it into my PC)
3. - done
4. - done
5. - done
6. - done
7. - this is where I cannot click on the USB/ - it just does nothing. I CAN see it there, but when I touch it, it's like it doesn't even make contact.

Let me download the earlier version and give that a shot.

Still nothing. I'm losing my mind. I've tried 3 different USB drives and 2 of them result in the <USB/> that I cannot drill into and one of them doesn't show anything. I've tried to click/touch on that USB/ a hundred times - nothing.

Here's a screenshot.

1595541921475.png

I think it's time to bite the bullet and give Hayward support a call...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, I emailed them yesterday. I haven't heard back from them yet.

They aren't taking residential calls these days - said they don't have enough techs to handle the volume. :-(

Thanks again for all your help. I will come back here when we figure it out.

My current firmware was 2.22. We had some friends swim tonight and after they left I pulled one of the 5 random usb drives that were still in my pocket and plugged it in. Went into service mode and bam, there were the firmware files. I tried that same usb 30 times earlier.

anyway, all worked well and was able to now see my chlorinator and get everything working!

for anyone that may be reading this later, i was able to go straight from 2.2.2 to 3.2.2 and for my omnihub, I only had to update the msp and the smart relay. Thanks so much @guinness ! Sometimes just having someone there for moral support makes all the difference!

Reactions: guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.