Hayward Aqua Rite - "Err2" displayed with 4 lower right LEDs flashing red

jsnellis

Sep 21, 2023
San Diego
Last week my Hayward Goldline Aqua-Rite for TCell-15 unit was not displaying anything and all LEDs were off, so I reset the generator by power cycling at the electrical panel and the generator went from a blank screen with no illuminated lights to one that displayed "Err2" with 4 lower right LEDs (no flow, check salt, high salt, and inspect salt) all flashing red quickly. After 13 seconds the top right light (power) went solid green and all the other lights turned off and the display read 2600 and nothing else happened. What was that all about please?

Shortly after that experience a few times, I power cycled a few more times and finally it was solid green power and solid green generating and I could see it began to generate and current rose and voltage dropped as expected, with 3200 being displayed. When I pushed the diagnostic button, I got the following reads: 81, 23.9, 6.43, 99P, -3700, Al-1, r 1.33, and back to 3200 and running/generating still. I only noticed a few days later it was blank again, not running, and had a blown glass 20A fuse.

The PCB of the main board is: 066012B-1 Rev B, and as indicated above runs r 1.33. The display board part number is 132604 Rev F. The overall model number is AQ-RITE.

As of now, I have a blown 20A glass fuse on the bottom of the unit and am waiting for a new one to arrive. Given this is a glass fuse, I'm now learning my Goldline Aqua Rite is an old unit apparently from before Hayward's acquisition in 2004.

I'm now trying to formualte a strategy on what to do next with my AQ-RITE unit.

I read in another forum to remove and solder in a new Ametherm SL32 2RO25-B Thermistor (the black looking lolly pop) as that is a sacrificial part apparently. I naturally also have to replace the glass fuse. May try replacinf the fuse first and seeing if it pops again, which seems likely.

Should I replace the main or display boards? Should I replace the rectifiers? Should I say my unit of 20 years has lived it's life and get a new unit, if so, would I replace it with W3AQR15?

Thank you all for your support!

I have pictures and video too..

Welcome to TFP.

I suggest you read through Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading where there is lots of information about your system.

Post pics of your board and look for burnt solder points and components.

The thermistor often needs replacement. Show us how yours looks.

I would not simply throw parts at it without doing the appropriate diagnostics.

Getting a new Aquarite system is the easy path to get you going again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.