Hayward Aqua Rite and T15 Cell

Talostown

May 20, 2023
NY State
Hi. As title states, I have a Hayward Aqua Rite with T15 cell SWG. The cell is original cell when was installed back in 2008. The AR circuit board was replaced in 2019. We opened the pool 2 weeks ago. A few days ago the water started to turn green. I checked display and said 2800 salt level which was the same of about 2 weeks ago. Didn't seem right so I did an instant reading. It went down to 1700 so I added salt. A day later it stated high salt so I did an instant reading again, showed high salt then it went back down to 1700. When I perform the instant reading, the readings show the correct levels for generating (amp and voltage). So I am trying to figure out if I have a bad cell, bad circuit board again or both. I have no lights indicating bad cell. Thank you.

16 or 17 year old salt system? You got MORE than your moneys worth either way! Do you have a Taylor K-1766 salt test to check it independently of the cell reading? Welcome to the forum.

15 years is a long time for a cell to last - I would have to assume it’s probably come to the end of its lifespan. Reading much lower salinity than actual is the first sign death.
Don’t add anymore salt 🧂 until you confirm your actual salt level with a k1766 test.
Others will be along soon to help you troubleshoot the other stuff

Thank you all for the quick replies. I just checked the display again and now it states 2500. I did a salt water test (I have a test kit, not strips). It came back at 4200! I then went back to the controller and cycled through the display to get the readings again. 2500, 65, 32.1, 0.00, 93P, -0, 88-0, r8.80. Turned off then back to auto. After the click, readings normalized to 2500, 65, 23.5, 5.41, 93P, -3400. Sounds like a bad cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.