Hayward .85Hp super pump

Only on motors from the pump manufacturers, Hayward and Waterway did it also with their pumps. Pentair branded TEFC replacement motors had them. Never saw it in a boxed motor from the original motor manufacturer.

Just to make sure I’m understanding you correctly, are you saying that the original manufacturer, Century in our case, did not put the test leads on but Hayward did?

Reactions: 1poolman1
0.001876%

It took awhile, but I did get this response from Hayward.

“These are test leads that are used at the factory to test and power each pump before they are shipped. You need to remove these wires and connect your wires directly to the pump motor.”

👍

It still seems stupid to me.

First of all, all you need is an alligator type clip and not female spade connectors.

It seems awkward and wasteful.

I don't get how these wires connect to the power and how they keep using new clips or why they don't just pull off the clips once they are done.

I'm going to go by the factory today and see what they are doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saturn94

First of all, all you need is an alligator type clip and not female spade connectors.

I don't get how these wires connect to the power and how they keep using new clips or why they don't just pull off the clips once they are done.

Go get ‘em, James! 😁

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

As said, last step before shipping. To use anything else would require having the cover off, thus an extra step! And a potential quality control failure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.