HASA Liquid Feeder (Liquidator replacement) installation issues - SOLVED

Chuck_Davis

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 6, 2010
Durham, NC
I just replaced my ancient HASA Liquidator with the new HASA Liquid Feeder.

After installing the unit and starting things up, I noticed that both floats would stick in place as the water level went up and down and then "pop" loose. The result was that the flow on the out/suction side would start and stop.

After a lot of difficulty I finally reached a human at HASA who took a message. I was contacted by a consultant that works on the Liquid Feeder product. Apparently this is a known problem, because he immediately offered to send replacements for the purple "saddles" that the float hinge pins snap into. He said that the holes that the hinge pins go into needed to be very slightly expanded. He recommended that I not try to expand the holes myself. The new saddles seem to have fixed the issue.

I had to load up the threads on one of the new saddles with lots of Teflon tape in order to get it to stay in the proper position.

This next issue is probably unique to my installation, but the information might be of use to somebody else.

My pump is 3 feet above my pool and has very little head left. It can barely prime.

The Liquid Feeder has a larger footprint than the Liquidator, so I had to move it to a different location on my equipment pad. Using tie wraps I ran the out/suction line very neatly up to and along the piping coming out of my sand filter and over to the pump basket. Unfortunately that routed the out/suction tubing higher than the water level in the Liquid Feeder and the pump was unable to establish any flow. As soon as I re-routed the tubing down to ground level, below the level of the water in the Liquid Feeder, the system worked fine.

Notes - I moved the old flowmeter from the Liquidator to the Liquid Feeder. I plumbed in a tee, a short length of tubing and a valve between the outlet from the Liquid Feeder and the spinner. This will let me suck a dilute (5:1, always add acid to water when diluting) acid mixture out of a jug in order to periodically clean out the tubing and flowmeter. (I learned several years ago that this is the cleaning method used by a HASA technician.)

Last edited:
Exact Same issue.
Something wasn't right, immediately noticed out flow was not spinning, only sporadically when I cycled head around with Jandy valves, and finally noticed in-flow float is sticking.
(Working through trying to find a replacement valve again, I might just try reaming out the holes that mount the arms a bit)
It seems like they are still trying to keep it boutique for their jobbers or something.
1680408002020.png
1680408087627.png

I was so excited to get the new Liquid Feeder, I figured they had everything squared away from the Liquidator.
One of the other things I noticed from the old Liquidator is the floats seemed to be weighted with sand inside the floats.
When it works, it works so good.
When it doesn't work, I can never get ahold of them, they try to refer me to the local sales rep. and that guy never calls back.
So Sad when it breaks, and still can not find parts on amazon or supply stores.
Last time the float broke I plastic welded it back together and got another year or so out of the old one, then finally saw the new one on Amazon.

Note - I might see if I can rig up auxiliary acid feed to clear the lines, I have just been rebuilding it every 2 years or so with fresh lines and with completely removing and soaking the flow meter to de-scale.

Can't stand the push-to-connects;
1680408271015.png
...Trying to run all Compression tube fittings or positive screw ins from McMasterCarr;
1680408349297.png

Yes, 100% feel free to DM me the HASA phone number.
Reservoir visibility improvement; So Great,
Yeah, the old one was fairly visible(pop a flashlight on top or ambient light was good enough), the new one can't be seen without disassembling the r2d2 vanity hood.

Next it seems like it is leaking from somewhere(I am half way hoping it was condensation running down the vanity hood, but the pad and debris around it looks bleached, So I'm pretty sure it's leaking from one of the fittings or my reservoir might be compromised)

Here are some suggested modifications to the HASA Liquid Feeder.

They sent replacement saddles and they work better.

Now the new Feeder reservoir split at the bottom around the drain valve.
(reservoir itself, not the drain or valve or the plug, fitting, etc)
[Amazon seller;mypoolyard] They sent a whole new replacement.
The new Feeder reservoir split at the bottom.
Took the old one, coated it inside and out with blue PVC glue; cleaner, purple primer; inside and out;
Just got it back in today and it is still leaking.
Saga continues; Might try to throw the old Liquidator back inline.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Chuck_Davis
They sent replacement saddles and they work better.

Now the new Feeder reservoir split at the bottom around the drain valve.
[Amazon seller;mypoolyard] They sent a whole new replacement.
The new Feeder reservoir split at the bottom.
Took the old one, coated it inside and out with blue PVC glue; cleaner, purple primer; inside and out;
Just got it back in today and it is still leaking.
Saga continues; Might try to throw the old Liquidator back inline.
Oh joy. Now I have the same leak. Obviously a design or manufacturing defect.

Unfortunately I discarded the old Liquidator. (There is a Liquidator on eBay................for $735.)

Did you deal with MyPoolYard or Hasa for the replacement? Did you have any contact with Hasa?

Last edited:
@dakshun - See the November 2022 and August 2023 posts in this thread. These leaks are a known problem.

I just contacted MyPoolYard, who has referred me to Hasa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.