itsjayy225

Apr 26, 2024
Mississippi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Guys help please… what do i do?!?!? I have been doing the SLAM method for a few days, nothing is really pointing in the direction of algae, my pressure gauge hasnt even moved since i started slam i mean my phosphates are relatively pretty high, i know alkalinity is a bit high, but it was this color from day one, just filled the pool from the well, i figured metals was the issue but 3 days ago i added leslies no metal and as you can see in water test.. no sign of copper, and slight trace of iron.. the lady at the pool store is telling me to floc, but i know you guys do not recommend that. The water has only been in the pool since 05/05/24

Attachments

• IMG_3743.jpeg
    IMG_3743.jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3740.jpeg
    IMG_3740.jpeg
    800.9 KB · Views: 44
The 'no metal' is a sequestrant which restricts your ability to remove the iron.
CuLator is not effective. It may pick up trace amounts, but very little.

Use polyfill.

The 'no metal' is a sequestrant which restricts your ability to remove the iron.
CuLator is not effective. It may pick up trace amounts, but very little.

Use polyfill.
Ohhh wow for $65 i would have assumed it would be great, i currently do not actually have a skimmer, two suction ports and a return, its an intex pool, would you reckon putting the polyfill in the pump basket like the culator pack would work? Ive also seen videos of people using a 5gal bucket with polyfill

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The iron is cosmetic. Go swimming.
Haha great good to know! Just gonna let my FC come down some then since i clearly dont need to be slamming if its iron the cause, having a crawfish boil for mothers day and wanted everyone to be able to swim, just gonna have to tell them to “imagine its destin/florida beaches” lol

• Haha
Reactions: kul and Newdude
You may find the green goes away when the FC drops. Also keeping the pH towards the low 7's will keep the iron from oxidizing.

What test kit are you using. None of this method can be done with pool store testing.

You may find the green goes away when the FC drops. Also keeping the pH towards the low 7's will keep the iron from oxidizing.

What test kit are you using. None of this method can be done with pool store testing.
I was using the hth drop test kit, and also bringing water samples daily to pool store

Well actually, the pool was green before i ever added any chlorine to it… it was clear green from day one

Consider getting a proper test kit. Pool store testing is inaccurate and non repeatable.

Test Kits Compared
i do plan on it, but at the moment with everything ive got going on its not in the budget, my ph is at 7.2 right now and alkalinity is 125 so im going to try adding maybe a half gallon or less of muriatic acid and then just aerating to bring ph back up some

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support