green pool..repost to the proper board....

My levels from last evening and this morning are

FC 27, 25
CC 2, 0
Ph 7.4 7.4
TA 200, 200
CYA 50, 50

The pool is no clearer but no greener either. I have not added any chlorine as the shock level seems to be holding. Will test in a while to see if I have dropped below shock level.
Should I worry about my TA level, or is it because of the high chlorine levels. It was running around 120 before I started the process.
I tried to post a picture but I it takes forever than I get an error.

I am slowly figuring out Photobucket, but you have to click on the link, The black spot is something on my lenses and not in the pool. :) The shallow end is clearing and I vacuumed a couple hours after testing this morning and I could almost see the vac in the deep end......Patience is a virtue!!!

P1050395.jpg

I'm not sure how I could screw it up....I take a sample from at least 18 inches down, midway between the deep/shallow end. I add 2 scoops of powder, swirl and then add the reagent.. I've even added only 1 scoop and today that came back with an FC level of 23. I didn't order any new powder as I had lots, kept it in all cool dark place all winter(no freezing or dampness). When testing I filled it up to the 10 ml mark, then added drops and multiplied by .5. I had some other kits that are not as good but used them and it was high as well. The pool is clearing but there are still patches along the outside and here and there of algae that cloud when I sweep them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You may be at a point where all the organics are dead and it's just going to take a while for the filter to clear things up.

The thing that bothers me is that you're not losing FC during the daylight. The sun should burn up some of your FC.

That's exactly what I was thinking. We haven't had a huge amount of sun but certainly enough that it should be going down, especially since I haven't added any in 5 days. Should I perhaps drain some water and add fresh?

BTW thanks to Jason and Butterfly for moving my post and editing to show the picture!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.