green pool..repost to the proper board....

Day 16........pool still has a green tinge, algae "pooling" in shallow end and along seams. This morning was by far the most. It almost seems as if I am not keeping ahead of it. I am keeping the pool at a shock level of 25. It's getting frustrating the weather has been warm and we can't use it. I don't see that i am missing anywhere with my scrubbing and we are vacuuming at least once a day.
Levels for last night and this a.m

FC 22 18
CC 1 1

How confident are you about the CYA level?

I suggest that tonight you increase the FC to about 30.

If you have any underwater lights, I suggest you remove then from the niche and see if you have any algae lurking. If you have fountains or other water features, you should run them while the FC is high. Don't forget to scrub the ladders, steps, etc. while at shock level.

I just tested the CYA and its at 50. That's low for a SWG but we're not using it yet and haven't added any salt so should I keep it at 50? I will get my DH to remove the light tonight and give it a swish and a scrub. Will recheck FC in a hour or so.

P1050457.jpg

Day 19........no real change, I really thought I would have had the algae under control by now, I have been keeping the Shock Level at 25 during the day and up to 30 at night. There is still a green tinge and the algae just keeps coming back. When I backwash I let it run till clear(anywhere from 3-5 min) but when I turn it back on there is a rush of green that is just re-polluting the pool. Am I not back-washing long enough? Could my filter be full of algae? My poor DH is about to throw in the towel....I have no idea what to tell him anymore, we have spent hundreds of dollars on chlorine and are beginning of our second heatwave of the season and again won't be able to use the pool :(
I know it takes time but it has been 5 weeks, and we have not yet been able to enjoy the pool. I was perusing thru the website this morning and looking at lots of pictures of swamps(before they turned back into an oasis) Our pool was never the bright green algae colour and it has never turned "white". Could I be dealing with something else? I also noticed this morning that my steps are discoloured and this is something new...... This is when I wish I was closer to all you guys and I could have you over for a beverage or two and get my pool in order.

Leanne

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.