Green Pool- just discovered TFP

With a pH of 7.6 you are right where you want to be and do not need to make any changes to pH.
According to the SLAM video, I need to get my PH 7.2. So I was aiming for that.

If I'm understanding all of your comments, I need to wait for sunshine before doing a diluted water test? I do not have a large testing bottle for that. I have been using this one. I can use any bottle for mixing as long as my ML measurements are correct, right?
That bottle is correct. As long as you are outdoors, even overcast, the CYA test is fine.

Hi. New question. How often do I check CYA when doing the SLAM method? Every time I take FC reading? I am checking as often as I can, and am adding liquid chlorine frequently.
Ignore CYA during SLAM. Focus on FC. When you do your OCLT and Pass FC test, test that sample for CC.

What is the OCLT? And yes, I did re-read my SLAM instructions before asking.
Ha Ha! From the SLAM page:

You are done when:
  • CC is 0.5 or lower
  • AND you pass an OCLT (i.e.overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less)
  • AND pool water is crystal clear with no visible sign of algae (dead or alive) on floor and walls
When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.
Also, am I backwashing at all during this phase? It says as needed, am I waiting for pressure for that?
Yes. Backwash. Note your pressure. When pressure rises 25%, backwash again.

• Haha
Reactions: louloubell08

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ha Ha! From the SLAM page:

You are done when:
  • CC is 0.5 or lower
  • AND you pass an OCLT (i.e.overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less)
  • AND pool water is crystal clear with no visible sign of algae (dead or alive) on floor and walls
When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

Yes. Backwash. Note your pressure. When pressure rises 25%, backwash again.
Dang it. In all seriousness, will my green get worse before it gets better? 😅

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.