Green Pool- just discovered TFP

Good morning! New day. New question. Last night, my last reading was 33 FC. This morning it was 28FC. I am above my target of 24. I followed all advice of the app as far as how much liquid chlorine. This morning my pool is a lighter green, and I can kind of see the bottom, so I do feel like I am making progress. Do I just keep monitoring my levels?

You might be over-estimating your pools volume a bit if you overshot your FC number last night, so maybe you added a bit more chlorine than you thought you needed. But regardless of that you're correct that you continue the process.

I'll echo @PoolStored that you're done the SLAM process when:
  • CC is 0.5 or lower
  • AND you pass an OCLT (i.e.overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less)
  • AND pool water is crystal clear with no visible sign of algae (dead or alive) on floor and walls
Continue to monitor your levels, add FC when needed to keep you at or above your target, and brush as frequently as your schedule allows.

As in, you highly recommend I should do that? 🤔 😃

As in, definitely do that. I pulled mine, plugged up one hole so they’d hold water, poured in a 50/50 bleach/water mixture and then drained and let dry in sun for a day. And didn’t put back in until I knew the SLAM was complete and was going let FC levels start to fall (wanted that good high FC water to enter into them when I put them back in ladder back in).

I then realized I could have just swapped inside for outside and did they too, just to be safe.

As in, definitely do that. I pulled mine, plugged up one hole so they’d hold water, poured in a 50/50 bleach/water mixture and then drained and let dry in sun for a day. And didn’t put back in until I knew the SLAM was complete and was going let FC levels start to fall (wanted that good high FC water to enter into them when I put them back in ladder back in).

I then realized I could have just swapped inside for outside and did they too, just to be safe.
But mine has holes all over both sides. I'm not opposed to pulling them out, but I'm not sure how I could plug them to clean them. Am I misunderstanding you? Will a good scrubbing with bleach and drying in the sun work?

But mine has holes all over both sides. I'm not opposed to pulling them out, but I'm not sure how I could plug them to clean them. Am I misunderstanding you? Will a good scrubbing with bleach and drying in the sun work?
Yeah. And then leave them out until you’ve completed SLAM and are about to let FC start falling. Unless you really want to get into the pool. Lol!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is it now time to try an OCLT test?
When it's SO clear the ripples distort the pattern on the floor, it's TFP clear.

Screenshot_20230616_193430_Chrome.jpg

OCLT time. Sometimes it still has some more to go, so don't get discouraged if you fail. You're doing GREAT either way.

Look at it like your SLAM needs a magic number of FC to complete. Say, 100 FC. Every FC you lose brings you closer to the end goal of needing 0 FC to clear the water.

It's progress, even when it doesn't feel like it. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.