Good vs Bad Neighbors

That is crazy. A well done pool looks so nice. We can see ours from our kitchen windows, and I find myself just gazing at the water as I'm doing dishes or whatever. Very relaxing. Our houses aren't that close. You really can't see your neighbors back yard unless you try, and even then you are looking through some trees. I have one neighbor who likes to make an issue out of things, some silly, some valid. I fully expected to hear about our project, but so far, nothing. I just try to be respectful as the evening comes on to be sure music and noise isn't out of hand...

A lot too depends on the neighborhood. I'd say the average adult age in ours is about 45-50, so folks are pretty tolerant. There's kids, bikes, etc. You don't move into a development if you want to be a hermit. At least I don't think so. We like seeing people out and about to some degree. If you want complete privacy, buy 50 acres and put your house right smack in the middle.

In the previous neighborhood we lived on a cul de sac - the cross street had a house for sale that backed up to a house with a pool - they couldn't sell the dang house in the summer - not for safety reasons however. It was the noise - the pool owners had five girls under 12 and they and all their friends were squealing, screaming noisy creatures from morning to after dark every day! It was deafening even six houses away.
We have several houses that back up to where our pool is, due to the alleys here - we don't have young kids, but husband does like his music on, so I try to make sure I walk the fence line and moderate it when it's on so as not to disturb them too much.

the pool owners had five girls under 12 and they and all their friends were squealing, screaming noisy creatures from morning to after dark every day! It was deafening even six houses away.

Ha ha ha!! I have three girls and I get it. Girls are so noisy. I think it's the squealing that makes the noise extra special.

I can't believe the post where the family just stopped being friends for no reason other then you put a pool in. That's so sad. Wow.

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP
Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP
Aquaview 20"Sand Filter
8200 gallons ~ TF-100 Test Kit

I only have a neighbor on one side of me (directly). and I'm the last guy on our side of the street to get a pool. I guess you could say I'm just "keeping up with em". I did raise my fence and the fence between us (2ft). I figure he doesn't care as I didn't ask him to pay for 1/2 of the part between our houses. I think tall fences make good neighbors.

In the previous neighborhood we lived on a cul de sac - the cross street had a house for sale that backed up to a house with a pool - they couldn't sell the dang house in the summer - not for safety reasons however. It was the noise - the pool owners had five girls under 12 and they and all their friends were squealing, screaming noisy creatures from morning to after dark every day! It was deafening even six houses away.
We have several houses that back up to where our pool is, due to the alleys here - we don't have young kids, but husband does like his music on, so I try to make sure I walk the fence line and moderate it when it's on so as not to disturb them too much.

I for one love the deafening sounds of kids having fun :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.