Getting Finished - (Pool Build Central FL)

Re: Pool Finish Applied (Finally) - Pool Build Central FL)

Karl, our PB acid washed right after the plaster application and filled the pool immediately. In fact I went into the pool as it was being filled :eek: Probably not a good idea but the PB said if I was careful not to put too many foot prints in it. I was definitely swimming the very next day. The water was a little green however it cleared up later. :cheers: :cheers: I have pics to prove :cheers:

Re: Initial Pool Fill - Pool Build Central FL)

Three hoses and 12 hours does a lot to a pool! Here are my pool fill pics. 2 were taken early morning, and 2 were taken mid morning. The other pic is of the spa spillway and its looking very promising.

Attachments

• Spa Spillover Tile In Work_1024x765.JPG
    Spa Spillover Tile In Work_1024x765.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Mid Morning 2_1024x765.JPG
    Mid Morning 2_1024x765.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 280
  • Mid Morning 1_1024x765.JPG
    Mid Morning 1_1024x765.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 281

Early Morning Pics here

Attachments

• Early Morning 2_1024x765.JPG
    Early Morning 2_1024x765.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 291
  • Early Morning 1_1024x765.JPG
    Early Morning 1_1024x765.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 283

Congrats, your pool looks great. Just in time for the 4th. Happy swimming. :cheers: :cheers:

Alright! Good things come to those who wait huh?

Now that it's done, I want to trade pools with you :mrgreen:

Re: HELP! Your Input Needed - (Pool Build Central FL)

Here is a closeup of my pool finish (see photo). Also, I am soliciting everyone's opinion on their best guess on what color of Premix Marbletite pool finish I got ... here are the colors offered http://www.premixmarbletite.com/id20.html . Your opinion matters in this! I think I did not get the color that I wanted. Thanks in advance for your opinion

Attachments

• Karl\'s Pool Finish_1024x765.JPG
    Karl\'s Pool Finish_1024x765.JPG
    337.5 KB · Views: 226

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: HELP! Your Input Needed - Pool Build Central FL)

That looks like my color which is beach series Antigua. Did you take any pics of the bags the plaster came in?

Karl - Your pool looks amazing!!! My husband and I (new to this forum) also live in Central Florida and are getting super close to signing on a pool. If you have any light you can shed on who your PB is that would be so helpful as we narrow down our search for the right PB. Since you may not want to post the company name, feel free to PM me...and I'd be interested to hear in the Pros/Cons of your PB. Thanks and happy swimming!!

Wow, those sample colors are worse than the PebbleTec ones.

Looks like Midnight Blue to me. But

They probably mixed the Plaster/Concrete on site and then added the 'Rocks' from whatever color they used. I asked my crew to mix up a batch of plaster with less black than normal. Then we added black 1 unit (not sure if it was oz, lb or what) at a time. My final color was 4 black (instead of 5).

Check out the photos I added to my thread

Thanks to everyone for their honest comments regarding the pool finish color! Equipment was installed on Friday and finished up on Saturday. Weather has been a PITA though ... much rain! Solar panels are on the roof and the solar plumbing will be connected Mon/Tues timeframe. Gas company says they'll be on site later in the week to sink the tank and run gas lines (heater, grill, fire pits). Fire pits are on order, later this month they arrive. I'll get some pics up as soon as the weather lets me ... we've had around 4+ inches of rain these past few days!

Be well,

KARL

Gas installed and solar connected last Friday ... Spa gets up to 94F with just solar flowing through it over the spa spillway. Pool temp ranges in the 84-87F range. The solar engineer says theres about 300,000 BTUs produced by the panels. Due to some color concerns, the pool is getting a bit of an acid bath this week to tone the color down a bit by exposing a bit more aggregate. We had the Sales VP for Premix Marbeltite pay a visit to give his blessings on PBs course of action. Low Voltage LED landscape lights are installed and I have some nightime photos taken with my phone to share. Firepits will be delivered very soon too! The intellibrite LEDs are pretty amazing. I expect to post more pics as the weekend gets closer. Until then, Be Well Everyone!

KARL

Attachments

• Pool 10_1024x765.JPG
    Pool 10_1024x765.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Pool 11_1024x765.JPG
    Pool 11_1024x765.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Pool 14_1024x765.JPG
    Pool 14_1024x765.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 142

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.