Front wheel on Polaris keeps falling off

Mar 7, 2014
McKinney, TX
It's the front wheel on the side with two wheels (plus the little one inbetween), the other side just has one wheel. My pool supply store told me it was because the threads where the screws screw into have warn off and I need a new sweeper. I find that hard to believe. Does anyone know a work around. My first thought was to put a nut on the other side, but it's inside the bottom and there's no access. Other ideas? Some kind of glue????

Unfortunately, the Polaris 280 is mainly made of plastic and those screws that hold the wheels on do become brittle and break.
It is a relatively inexpensive repair for a new screw. Now the tension wheel (the little wheel) between the 2 larger wheels has a spring and also rely on the rubber on the larger tires to create friction to rotate. If your rubber tires have become gooey then it may be time to change those as well. Also, that little wheel wears out.
You can purchase a whole kit to replace wheels, turbine, tires, etc. for about $150 but that is your choice.
With regard to the tail sweeper, if the blue wear rings have worn down and has your hose brushing the floor then it will eventually get a hole in it. Those wear rings should be changed as routine maintenance.
Probably not the response you were looking for, but there are many components to making that cleaner efficient.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.