Free Intex saltwater system ( Now $50 )

Re: Free Intex saltwater system ( Now $119)

H talked to his cashier friend at walmart last night while purchasing 6 gallons of bleach (of course the question came up as to why he needed so much) and she said that was a mistake for sure and someone is in big trouble...

Walmart lost their azzes on this one... but someone had to put some time into creating the sale in the first place, writing the text and inserting the code to pull up the selectors for the no cost SWG add and a walmart gift card page that worked seamlessly. If it's a mistake... it's a very convoluted one.

I highly doubt walmart lost any money on the original bundle and it was not a mistake. I think they simply over stocked and the season was drawing to an end. They had a certain number of units they wanted to dump and did. They sold these units for $60 each, probably close to cost. They were basically 70% off. I have no doubt that they managed to make a profit even at that price. Plus the gift card draws you back for additional purchases that they will make more money on.

The second offer was a mistake. They simply placed the new add over an old listing without the picture of the sand filter. They caught it the next day and changed it. Walmart makes more money that mistakes and there mistakes usually don't cost them money.

Big lesson here is that retailers make large profits to support large overhead. When you see a bargain like this you have to be ready to move. I was tempted to buy more but had little use for more than the 2 bundles I bought.

benhiers said:
got a voicemail from them saying they were not going to honor it,said it was a mistake on the web site.but I could return it if I wanted too.119 is still a pretty good deal though.

Ben, buy the new bundle for $149 with a 50 gift card. When it comes in return it with your reciept for $169. The unit is then $100.

They were supposed to call me back within 24 , but its been 2 days....already wasted too much time fighting them and making myself upset...

Here's the thing, everyone makes mistakes.....its how you handle your mistakes that show people who you are.......

I felt like sarah connors in the psych ward with her doctor telling her there was no robot from the future that tried to kill her when Elizabeth kept telling me they have never offered this, and the page I ordered from did not say that the sand filter was included over and over like she was trying to jedi mind trick me or something.....run-on sentence, I know.

Then I get proof that other peoples orders indeed were fulfilled as I stated, with the filter included.... proof with the screenshot that when I ordered it was included, and they conveniently can't receive the proof because they can't get attachments???????

Is there a small claims court judge in the country that wouldn't award me the filter????????

I have spent THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS in ghettomart...they know they made a mistake and poke me in the eye while they laugh it up???????

I'm buying the filter with the $50 gc, and Walmart will ........NEVER see another penny from me. It would cost them little to nothing to give me what I ordered and continue to have a lifelong happy customer, but they have shown me their character......I will spend my money elsewhere

got a call from walmart this morning,they are not going to honor the ad.and they were kinda rude about it.did finally get a 20.00 refund since the price has went down 20.00.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you George. Just yesterday the price was $140 with GC. I knew the price would come down. Just picked up 2 more. Simply to good a deal to pass up. Now just waiting on them to drop the price on the 16" ultraframe. I'm thinking there will be serious close out prices after labor day.

The intex sandfilter has been sold-out at walmart and target for awhile, I don't think it is coming back. On eBay I saw the intex 2650 with integrated SWCG for $220 with shipping. That's a pretty good deal as I have seen them for around $400.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.