Free Intex saltwater system ( Now $50 )

Re: Free Intex saltwater system

plhsurfer said:
I have searched the forums but can't seem to find any instructions on how to do this.. anyone have a link or advice?
My twins would kill me if their long blonde hair turned green, as would my wife.

On mine you could just unscrew a nut where the wire attaches to the copper electrodes, then just unplug the wire. I went further and removed the copper cell, then plugged it up the hole with a piece of thick plastic cut to the size of the removed cell cover.

My filter is shipping today via FedEx Home Delivery and the estimated delivery is tomorrow. I'm only about 4 hours from the main FedEx terminal in Memphis, but that is really fast. The Wal-Mart HQ is in Arkansas, so I'm guessing it is shipping from a distribution center near there. My family and I are leaving on vacation Tuesday, so it will be great to get it before then.

I'm a little worried about the SWG though, it hasn't shipped yet and the tracking info on the filter says "Hold at FedEx Location service is not available for this shipment." That could be a problem if the SWG ships the same way and doesn't make it here before Tuesday. Oh well, it will work out some way.

Jeff74 said:
Would this SWG work with ANY AGP? I have a 24' round, about 16,000 gallons.

I have a 12K pool and it works for me (this is the Intex SWG that has half the Chlorine output of the one without the copper). I have been using it for ~1 season and have found that I need to run it about 8 hours when average temperature daytime high temp is in the mid 80's (pool temp tends to run ~88 then). I have a 2 speed pump and I tend to run it 24/7 on low, even while SWCG is running...the only time I have been setting pump on high is when I am running the solar panels...so even if it gets hot, I can just turn up the timer on the SWCG. I do get a lot of swimmer load.

Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Water Sanitizing System with Bonus $50 eGift Card.$169.00 Is this the item to choose? I'm also wondering - is the sand filter and the salt water system in one unit or do you have two units to hook up?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

linen said:
Thanks for posting! I needed a backup for my intex swcg. And now I have a cheap pump/filter for emergency backup. I also used my egift card to buy a walmart gift card (shipping was free).

These look like they have the copper stage, so that needs to be unplugged or removed...that is if you do not want copper in the pool.

Just purchased this bundle and have no clue how to install it. You mentioned a 'copper stage" What does that mean and why does it need to be unplugged. How do you do that?

Hoping this system fits my Summer Escapes. 12'x36" - I also have a 3 yr old and keep the water level at midway up skimmer and she is happy to tippey toe in the pool. She's learning to swim out of necessity!

JulieLeo said:
Just purchased this bundle and have no clue how to install it. You mentioned a 'copper stage" What does that mean and why does it need to be unplugged. How do you do that?

Hoping this system fits my Summer Escapes. 12'x36" - I also have a 3 yr old and keep the water level at midway up skimmer and she is happy to tippey toe in the pool. She's learning to swim out of necessity!

I am specifically referring to the SWG unit. When you get it this will be more clear...there are three wires going into the "tubing" of the SWG unit. The first is for the flow sensor, the second is for the swcg, and the third is for the copper stage (electrodes...it is two long rectangular blocks). It is probably easiest to just disconnect the wire from this stage and just leave the electrodes. My guess is that the electrodes become oxidized and do not keep adding many copper ions to the pool.

I am not familiar with the Summer Escapes, but this system should work fine for your pool, though you may have to get some combination of plumbing adapters at the hardware store. No big deal to do. With a pool that size you may not have to run the system very long each day. That pump/filter might be overkill, but won't hurt.

indi00 said:
Hot Deal!

Just two weeks ago, I bought Intex 2100GPH Sand filter $199 + Intex saltwater system $169 for $368 shipped.

Return it to WM. You have either 30 or 45 days satisfaction guarantee. You can return an item for any reason if you have the original packaging and receipt.

I bought the Intex SWG a couple of months ago at my local WM for $199. The next day I saw it was $139 online. So I ordered the one online with free shipping to store. When it came in, I returned it using my old $199 receipt and saved $60 and didn't have the hassle of removing and reinstalling everything and WM didn't get a opened item to put on clearance or send back to the manufacturer.

I ordered one, but may not hook it till next season. You see any reason not to buy a second one, and keep as a spare. I hate the idea of opening the second one in about 4 years or so, just to find out it doesn't work, and no way to return it.

I'm a little worried about the SWG though, it hasn't shipped yet and the tracking info on the filter says "Hold at FedEx Location service is not available for this shipment." That could be a problem if the SWG ships the same way and doesn't make it here before Tuesday. Oh well, it will work out some way.

The tracking info on my filter said that as well but it was delivered on schedule with no problems. Probably nothing to worry about :)

To julieleo, I just hooked the 1600 sand filter to my 12x39 summer escapes pool. I did not use the provided intex adapter. All you have to do is remove the hose from the skimmer to the return. Then hook up the intex hoses one from the skimmer to the inlet of the pump, the other from the pump to the return. Use the hose clamps from the summer escapes pool and tighten them very tight as the intex hose are a bit bigger. This may not be the best way to do it but it is working with no leaks. I did not want to bother with modifications on a pool I will be replacing soon.

The flow from the sand filter is having to go through the tiny pump on the bottom of the skimmer. I don't know if this is affecting the output but it is remarkably better than the original pump. I can see the return pushing dirt on the bottom and the skimmer is sucking in alot more. I'm thinking my water is going to look as good as the chemistry soon.

Wow what a difference a REAL filter makes. I have had mine on the pool for a day now. Poured 2 cups of DE in the skimmer on start up and ran it for 12 hour last night and the pool is crystal clear. Now finally I can bask in the glory of my hard work and enjoy the fruits of BBB.

Sure there are better pump/filters out there but not a this price. I think all will be impressed by the performance of this $70 filter.

BTW I just sold the second filter I bought for $120 on craigslist.
(am I evil ???) that brought the price per unit for the filter and 2 SWCG to $40 each. I might buy one more bundle as I like this filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.