Free - Hayward Aqua rite salt cell circuit board

Chris76

Sep 1, 2023
Vancouver Island
I've got a Hayward salt cell system. A few weeks ago, the diagnostic lights stopped functioning. I found some information on this website and identify that the circuit board had gone ( most likely the Thermistor )
((Hayward Aqua Rite - No lights on, but LCD display works; what to do? ))

I ordered a new thermistor, but due to timing challenges, I decided it was easier just order a new circuit board. New board arrived and works great.

I've now got the old ( non-functioning ) board that might be fixable - possibly replace the Thermistor (?) *This is not a guarantee *
I'm willing to ship the circuit board to the right person who may be able to run diagnostics on it and repair it PXL_20230909_193539614.jpg
PXL_20230908_193200271.jpgPXL_20230909_193554838.MP.jpg

The model number on the old board is G1-011056B-1 ...and was replaced with G1-011056G-1 .the Hayward rep stated that these are the same as there is only a single board available for the Hayward Aqua Rite salt cell.

I've got new thermistors ( ordered 2 to replace).

* there's no guarantee that replacing the Thermistors will fix the board * but if you need to replace your board and are electrically competent, perhaps this could save you some money

Reactions: newdude
I would very much like that board. Mine is questionable and I could certainly use a spare. And I am very qualified to repair it since I am now retired from a career as an aircraft electronics technician. If I can't fix something.it can't be fixed.
Regards,
Scott

I would very much like that board. Mine is questionable and I could certainly use a spare. And I am very qualified to repair it since I am now retired from a career as an aircraft electronics technician. If I can't fix something.it can't be fixed.
Regards,
Scott
That's great! At some point, I was tempted to respond and offer my free services in repairing to include parts and possibly upgrade the sw to the newest r1.59 on this to whoever takes it.
You are in the same region as me. Please do not hesitate to holler at me if you need help. Also, you may want to take a gander at this yt video if the pcb is dead.
Based on the pic, here's my take on this.
1. The bd is limited to 120VAC operation. However, installing a jumper between the #2 and #3 solder pads on TB-1 will allow for the 220VAC operation if desired.
2. I strongly believe the software can be upgraded to the newest r1.59 and retrofit a K4 relay to address the Thermistor burning issues that have been plaguing the older rev bd.
You can probably make this pcb the best and the most reliable AQR mainboard you will ever have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.