Fountain Leaking backwards under deck

It is male if you use a 2" coupler over it and female if you put a 1.5" pipe inside it.

Your installation uses it as a male fitting inside a 2" coupler.

I would do as Wireform suggests and score the coupler with a hack saw blade or dremel tool and try to peel sections off. Your biggest challenge will be at the bottom.

Worst case you will end up replacing the entire waterfall unit.

It is male if you use a 2" coupler over it and female if you put a 1.5" pipe inside it.

Your installation uses it as a male fitting inside a 2" coupler.

I would do as Wireform suggests and score the coupler with a hack saw blade or dremel tool and try to peel sections off. Your biggest challenge will be at the bottom.

Worst case you will end up replacing the entire waterfall unit.
yes I am on the same page but if I am using a 2 inch coupler over a male junction the crack is in the male junction right and not repairable right?

yes I am on the same page but if I am using a 2 inch coupler over a male junction the crack is in the male junction right and not repairable right?

You don't know until you get the coupler off.

If the crack is in the nipple then the waterfall requires replacement anyway. That will not be repairable.

As @wireform has said first phase is opening it up and seeing what you find. Then we can better discuss possible repair techniques.

Reactions: william13
Honestly I think if the diagram is what you have and you used up the coupler option which is cracked at the wall, where the protruding part is molded to then there's not much you can do at this point short of a new unit. I would cut it flush and see if there's a pipe size that can get glued in there and then work backwards but I'm not convinced it's worth all that work at this point. You also may have dirt inside from the crack and that's why you have two different looking water outputs as one half my have gotten clogged.

Lip? It is a round pipe molded onto the end.
Yes, I used the word lip incorrectly I guess. So I have a 1.5 inch pipe inserted into the round molded 2 inch pipe and its the molded pipe thats cracked.

I will cut at this point. Thank you everyone for input and especially your patience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reactions: william13
I think you have your sizes wrong but it does not matter.

Maybe.

Let us know how it goes.
Well it went fine technically. The molded pipe did break off and not much space to insert anything. I would say we are going from search and rescue to "recovery" Appreciated everything so far. I would love ideas what to put in place. I have two of these side by side and unless I can find exact one I will need to get 2 of them. Lastly the coping of the outside ends of these items appears to be mortered in and I would like to know thoughts on lifting the coping from it morter without breaking the coping.

Attachments

• IMG_7343.jpg
    IMG_7343.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7344.jpg
    IMG_7344.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7348.jpg
    IMG_7348.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 7
I would like to know thoughts on lifting the coping from it morter without breaking the coping.

Careful chipping around it may loosen it or may not. These areas are not made to be removable and repairable.

This almost looks like the screen is put in the in the manufacturing process and the a sleeve is glued in. If thats the case you may be able to remove the sleeve and see what fits it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505_143625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505_143625_Chrome.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 9
Ordinarily at this point I would order a new part but things seem to be out of stock and no I wonder if I can even replace 2 of them (48 inch ARC Cascade Waterfall is what I have been googling with rear port) . Wondering if this could be cemented over port facing in or out. Would the right type of glue create a seal?
1714937960721.png
I withdraw the question! There is no way I can do this. I will just call a bunch of pool supply houses tomorrow.
Thanks All!

Last edited:
See if there's a second piece in the which can be removed and then clean up the ID for a new piece to be glued in. The one pictured may fit and then you can cut it off from the flat portion or find another fitting that can be used. If you have a caliper you can quickly see what will or won't work.
Screenshot_20240505_163916_Chrome.jpg

In this situation. The outside of the port pipe was the same diameter as inside the 2 inch coupling. The inside of the port pipe is the same as the 1.5 inch pipe that went to coupling. So the question is: Is there a pipe that fits into 1.5 inch pipe? I think the mesh is to disburse water rather than trap things because how could anyone remove debris?

Attachments

• IMG_7349.jpg
    IMG_7349.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7350.jpg
    IMG_7350.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7351.jpg
    IMG_7351.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2
I think I may have found my fountain
My only remaining question is this. Can these be put in as a replacement without significant damage to my pool (by a professional)

Note To myself: Item 581204ARW or 581208ARW 4 feet or 8 feet. (asking myself should I leave the old 4 foot one and replace the broken 4 foot or remove all due to age and add 8 feet.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support