south florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a fountain and it leaks beneath the coping that is over it. I am not sure what the cause is and I would like to replace the piece. Please tell me how to identify it and how it is likely connected.

IMG_7315.jpg

You have an underground pipe connecting to the fountain strip.

If that coping is at the level of your deck you will need to pull up the deck to get behind the strip and find what is leaking.

Reactions: william13

If that coping is at the level of your deck you will need to pull up the deck to get behind the strip and find what is leaking.
My intuition tell me its a crack and that I will have to remove the strip but I do not know manufacturer or how its connected so thats what I would like to explore further.

How it is connected is likely a 1.5” or 2” pvc pipe into the back. What else are you looking to know?

Can you turn on the fountain and show us a picture of how it sprays into the pool?

Thanks. I have seen sheer descent waterfalls that fall a few feet down to the pool but never a spray fountain like you have from the coping.

@AQUA~HOLICS @98Poolmaster @1poolman1 @bradgray @Lake Placid @Poolbreh do you know who manufactures this spray fountain?

img_7322-jpg.570255

Last edited:
How do you know there is a leak at the fountain?

How do you know there is a leak at the fountain?

How it is connected is likely a 1.5” or 2” pvc pipe into the back. What else are you looking to know?
Thank you. So what happens after about 10 min is that water starts to come up between the deck tiles and the coping.
So I am trying to understand the anatomy with hopes to fix the leak or replace the waterfall. I was trying to find the manufacturer so I could see installation directions which would help me disasemble. I am also trying to understand why one strip that's is in series with the other gives less of a flow ie where is the blockage and how to get at it. And how to undo any connections so I can repair or replace it.

Last edited:
Are the deck tiles cemented down or can they be lifted?

What is the base under the deck tiles?

Water connection should be schedule 40 PVC glued together.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

It is bubbling from the pipe fountain junction. I need surgical advice!

Attachments

• IMG_7330.jpg
    IMG_7330.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7328.jpg
    IMG_7328.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 21
Water is coming from the junction of the coupler and the fountain at 10 oclock
2 inch pvc with reducer to 1.5 inch then coupler then fountain.
Is this a diy?

Attachments

• IMG_7332.jpg
    IMG_7332.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7333.jpg
    IMG_7333.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 9
Are the deck tiles cemented down or can they be lifted?

What is the base under the deck tiles?

Water connection should be schedule 40 PVC glued together.
In sand can lift. It is 40 pvc. Need to know best place to cut pipe. ? at coupler or at 2 inch. How to remove coupler from fountain without destroying.

Is that water squirting out that I circled in yellow by the red dot?

IMG_1208.jpeg

There are techniques for uncoupling couplers and PVC repair described in PVC Repair - Further Reading

I have some ideas of how I might tackle it with the tools I have. See what you think you are capable of.

I would like to see what some of the folks I tagged say about how they would tackle it.

The more pipe you can dig back and expose the easier the fix may be.

I think the easiest thing would be to throw a lot of glue on it but I am not sure its the best idea or I think its probably not a good idea but the wiki on pvc did mention it.

I think the easiest thing would be to throw a lot of glue on it but I am not sure its the best idea or I think its probably not a good idea but the wiki on pvc did mention it.
Yup, that is one of my ideas. Hoping the glue will melt the PVC and seal the leak. My concern is the dirt around the joint may keep it from sealing. You need to clean the area well.

Yup, that is one of my ideas. Hoping the glue will melt the PVC and seal the leak. My concern is the dirt around the joint may keep it from sealing. You need to clean the area well.
maybe one of these?
Would love to know which is likely to work best and perhaps I can create some sought of mold around it and pour it into.

I'm not fond of the glue method. If it works you may be in there again in a day, weeks or months and I'd give that repair max 50% shot. Cut far enough back but leave enough to connect back on to. The last coupler if worked slowly can have slots cut lengthwise and work the pieces off slowly. Clean it up well and then plan the fix. I'd most likely use a union of sorts in the fix.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support