Foam on water surface only when heater running

richmul10

Jun 29, 2022
Worcester, MA
I started my heater the other day and started getting cloudy water out of return jets and foam on surface. Water test good. Salt pool. DE filter. Single speed pump. Water looks great until heater is fired up. Appreciate any help out there

Every spring we get reports of foam, fine bubbles, etc when using a SWCG on a pool that was just opened after being winterized. Your heater correlation is new. Whether it is a combination of chemistry left over from the winter or algaecides that might have been added in the fall when the pool is closed, we do not know. We do know it goes away as the water warms and the chemistry normalizes.

Every spring we get reports of foam, fine bubbles, etc when using a SWCG on a pool that was just opened after being winterized. Your heater correlation is new. Whether it is a combination of chemistry left over from the winter or algaecides that might have been added in the fall when the pool is closed, we do not know. We do know it goes away as the water warms and the chemistry normalizes.
Tx for your fast reply. Fingers crossed. This is daughters pool and she’s up in ME so water still pretty cold so hoping once water warms up it’ll disappear. Didn’t happen at all last year but was new to home and didn’t start Hester till probably July. So hoping it’s the cold for chemistry of water pretty good right now.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.