Florida pool build oh boy!

Nope :( AND I think you need to get the PH up! It should be at least 7.2 BUT ask your PB first as HE is holding the warranty "card".

I am going to give you a link. TALK to your PH about it!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Kim

Thanks for this Kim. I was asking because my PB said that I could swim in the pool. I am going tomorrow to buy a better test kit and start testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful pool! I must say I'm a little jealous! We are still wait on permits. It's been a week ago Tuesday so hopefully soon.
And I love the color on the pool finish. Can't wait to see more pics!

You should call the city or go down to the permitting department and talk to them. Tell them that you financed the pool and you only have 90 days to complete. I had my permit back within 24 hours of submitting. My PB bet me I couldn't get it sooner than a week or 2. He said his last pool it took 5 weeks to get.
I put out patio furniture today so ill post a couple pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Did or had done? If you did it yourself that's a pretty fancy report you created for yourself. I don't agree with it all though. I'm sure CYA is wrong and their recommendation for FC at that CYA is too low.

Do you have one of the recommended test kits?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did or had done? If you did it yourself that's a pretty fancy report you created for yourself. I don't agree with it all though. I'm sure CYA is wrong and their recommendation for FC at that CYA is too low.

Do you have one of the recommended test kits?

I had it done. This was at Leslie pools. I will get a test kit soon and start doing it myself once i am up to speed and have a better understanding.

Okay so here is getting you up to speed. I would like for you to print this link out please. Keep it with your test kit when you get it tomorrow LOL

Pool School - Recommended Levels

As you will notice the TFP levels are much different than Leslie's. Our has been proven over and over as you can see from the many threads here on TFP.

Here is a link to show you what to use to help with each level. Notice that most of it can be bought at Walmart! Neat huh?

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Here is a link that will do the math for you of what to add and how much of it. You will need to play around with it to get a good feel for it.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

I am also giving you a link that will explain the whys and whats of the TFP way.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Please go ahead and order your test kit. You can look in my siggy below for where to buy them.

We want that water to stay that pretty!

Kim

Yes, she's much more helpful. Seriously. But she's back to work now so we'll see how that holds up!

I love your patio furniture! When I get loungers, I want something similar. The white looks great with the white fence in the background.

And of course, your pool is wonderful! Love the island spa!
Suz.
Thanks Suz,

I still need to pressure wash the fence and kill some weeds. I also have Blue cushions for the lounge chairs that need to go out.

- - - Updated - - -

It's looking great
That reminds me of Caribbean resort furniture.
Be seeing you over on the http://www.troublefreepool.com/forums/16-Testing-and-Balancing-Your-Water thread as soon as your test kit arrives.

I am sure we will cross paths there. I have had many salt water fish tanks and this is a little different with water quality. Lots to learn.

Sweet pool build! How do your weimaraners like it? Mine won't even get in the water.

Kevin T
They love water! In Ft Lauderdale we used to go to a dog park that had a huge lake and they loved to go swimming. Once we get in the pool I'm sure they will jump right in. It took them a long time to get used to water but once they did they won't get out.

- - - Updated - - -

I love her! She is a natural hunter!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.