Florida pool build oh boy!

I'm sorry, but I can't help with the alarms.

The tile is wonderful! I love it. It is now one of my top favorites! Just Beautiful!

Did you find out if more tile is on it's way, or will your PB order more? I can't wait to see it on the spa and to see your mini pebble finish! This is going to be a gorgeous pool!!!
Suz.

When it comes to the alarm, I thing it is a matter of whether a child could defeat it.
If the left one was mounted too low they could press the button, open the door/window and no alarm.
If it was mounted out of reach, it would be fine.
The one on right appears to have a code that allows it to be within a child's reach and still be effective.

Thanks for all the comments! I went to the building department today to verify the door alarms and both will work. The issue now is the PB is stating it will be extremely difficult to run the tile on the top of the spa and is suggesting to just go with the same plaster as the interior of the pool. Not sure what to do. I suggested 1"X1" tile on top which would help get around the curves but not sure which way to go. I have about 24 hours to decide.....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Suz, yes he has more tile.

Your glass tiles are 1x2s, right? I'm not sure exactly where you mean 'on top' of the spa. The top edge?

Our glass tiles are 1.5" x2". They had no trouble installing that size on the top edge of the spillway, the slope of the spillway, the circular benches in the spa.

Look at the pictures of my spa with the tile in my pool build. See if there are any similarities in our surfaces covered with glass. In some places, the tile guy had to lay the pieces one at a time rather than using the sheets of tiles. That may be what your PB is trying to avoid. If so, I think the 1x1s would look just as great.

I'm not sure I understand where the area is you mean, so I'm having to guess. But when you say on top of the spa, I can't imagine a plaster finish on top. I would want the glass tile.

Let me know if I'm confused or confusing!!
Suz.

Thanks Suz!!!!
I was talking about the top edge of the spa and I told the PB I want tile. It is doable even though it will be a ton of work. The only hard area is the sharp incave on the edge of the "bean" shape.

I have inspection today and patio will be poured on Monday. PB said all will be complete by end of month if all goes right.

Ahhhh, I see what mean about the sharp curve on the bean. Right, the 1x1s would probably be easier to manage. I think it will be drop dead gorgeous! I'm so glad you're doing tile there. That area on my pool is one of my favorites, and I had not planned to install it there!

This is so fun! Thanks for letting us in on the fun.
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Havent had much time lately and wanted to update where we are with the pool. They stamped the pool deck with the wrong stamp. I was not home to verify when they did it. It was a minor setback but I think it still turned out nice. They just finished the tile today so we are almost there. Looks like all will be done this week.

Wow oh Wow! That tile is fabulous!!!! It really highlights the shape of the spa and the pool!!!! I first saw that tile at a home show back in January. My son and I were 'sure' that was the one we wanted. But as everyone knows, once you begin designing, tastes change. But I still love that tile and seeing it on your pool confirms it. Ahhhhhhh..... our first love! I'm so glad you have it. And it looks like they did a terrific job installing it.

Ok. I'm ready now for the next stage, please!!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.