"FLO" alarm 2006 Sundance Majesta 220V hot tub

ZL1MARK

Jun 4, 2023
Longview WA
I've got an 06 Sundance spa that I had a flow warning come up on my indicator screen. All of my jets worked and bubbles worked but it just stopped heating. I pulled off the side cover and my circulation pump was "" and real hot. I pulled off both waterlines and water came gushing out a both so obviously it had water in and out. I pulled the circulation pump and the impeller and motor appear to be free wheeling as I can spin them with my finger. I don't want to replace his circulation pump and find out that wasn't the issue. Any help at all from anyone would be appreciated. Thank you
P.S-I haven't replaced the water or the filter in about three months and it wasn't low and I had no issues up until yesterday. I just got the flow warning and it stopped heating.

I recently had a FLO error on my Sundance Altamar 2000 spa after a fresh refill, although I did not have a problem with heating. These errors are usually given by the flow sensor. Its a mechanical sensor that closes when there is flow, and opens when flow stops.

First question, is it a solid "FLO" or is it flashing --> from my research, these two mean different things. Solid FLO means the the sensor is reading closed (as if there is water flowing) but there is actually not suppose to be water flow. A flashing "FLO" is opposite, meaning that the sensor is reading open (as if there is no water flowing) but water is actually flowing.

The flow sensor should look like this:

6560857_12108.1332958538.500.500__76093.1617740056.jpg

First step is the locate this on the side of your tub where you opened up your panels and you can see your electrical circuits and pumps. The arrow is in the direction of the flow. The small handle inside the tube moves in the closed and open positions when water is or is not flowing. When you have the FLO error showing up, can you see whether there is actual water flowing through the sensor, and if the mechanical switch is in the open or closed position.

Issues that cause this are usually a faulty flow switch, but it can be other issues like a blockage somewhere in the tubing, a bad circulation pump etc.

Just let us know what type of FLO error you are getting (solid or flashing) and what is happening in this switch when you are having this error show up, and maybe we can help diagnose what it might be.

Is the flo error solid or flashing (alternating with temp)?
A circulation pump gets pretty hot but should not make you say more than 2 curse words when you touch it.😉
Start by removing the filter.
If that doesn't do it, check for flow (and probably bubbles) from the heat return in the footwell. If there is no flow, check voltage to circ pump, and replace circ pump if voltage is present.
If there is flow, or the solid flo error occurs before anything turns on at startup, check the flow switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.