Flex gas line. Okay to use outdoors?

coilerman

Bronze Supporter
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm having a new heater installed and the gas connection for old and new heater do not line up. Are the flexible pipe options to connect from the riser to the heater? It would have to be rated for outdoor application.

I know my gas stove is connected using a steel corrugated pipe (flexible). Is this same line used in pool heater application?

Coil

You'll need to check your state and local building codes. In Florida most counties refer to the 2017 Florida Building Code. It permits several different materials including corrugated stainless steel but there is a specific ASTM spec for each different pipe. Wrought iron is prohibited. Underground has its own set of requirements including a detection line and special requirements for the riser. If you can't find the requirements online I'd suggest you call your local building code office. They are surprisingly helpful in my area.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.