Fixing to start slam

Absolutely, put the steps in the pool and swim-n-slam! You can't have a pool looking that good and not be in it. That would violate some kinda TFP rule! :paddle: Its gonna be a perfect weekend for a little beverage, a little brushing and a lotta swimming! :cheers:

Lol....I scrubbed the stairs again just to be sure..Will be going back in tonight...Looking forward to the first actual swim of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still undecided on what to use to weigh down the stairs, for the buckets did have algae on the lids, but ive never stuck a hose in there either to flush out anything...Debating!!!

Well, you must have the cleanest stairs in all of TFP! LOL! I would go with what worked, circulating water in there should help keep the algae at bay. And you're a pro stair scrubber now anyway! :)

I really like the idea of the PVC pipes full of cement and capped. Less "hiding" places and oh so easy to take out and clean. Of course you will have to make several to have enough weight. It is up to you. The buckets did work and NOW that you know what could happen it might be okay with some planning-clean buckets every two months........if that works move to 3 months and see how it goes.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes kim I bought two new buckets and bags of cement last night, and stairs are all back in place...Now that I know what can happen, ill be flowing water through there at least 2-3 times a week....Im not going through this again..lol...Spent more time cleaning than swimming....but we had a very cool may, so water temp has been too cold until this week..who would of thought dallas tx swim season shortened...at least I got a longer hot tub season out of it....

its time to partyyyyyyy
attachment.php
There seems to be a distinct lack of bikini babes in that pool. Better add some. :wink:

Im going to do both...water hose and baster..lol...I don't want that back in my stairs again..ill also take them out in the winter.....

Our day of swimming consisted of sitting under the porch, for we were the lucky ones where the storms just sat on top of us the whole afternoon...just our luck..
I do have a question that has been asked a hundred times, and im not sure if ive seen a actual answer....so when you see the same spots where algae is everyday, regardless if its live or dead, is it that actual spot that has the issue? or that spot you always see it at infected? the same spots (but little) are always in the same place...I brush and brush and brush those same spots, but keep showing up, and it dosent take long....I know im still in the slam period, and ive made great progress, but always wondered why in the same spots..i also will pour more bleach in those certain areas, so they get a heavy dose.....and yes one of the spots where it always shows up has great circulation....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.