First time pool startup

So I have an attached spa that has a broken drain. The returns work. but the spa just continues to collect, I guess what’s dead algea. Any advice? or just keep brushing the spa and eventually it will clear there. Very very little dead algae still collects on the steps. Pool progress photo below

Attachments

• F123FD26-7FE1-4C9B-86B8-0EE9118B8361.jpeg
    F123FD26-7FE1-4C9B-86B8-0EE9118B8361.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 12
Thanks.

My CYA seemed to have dropped drastically. Used up the whole bottle and still see the black dot. Probably due to all the backwashing from the slam. I should add more stabilizer at this time?

Granular. 😔. Sock method lol
The LOL is on me. I misread you 'used the whole bottle' as a bottle of new CYA, not the sample mix squirter thingie. 🤦‍♂️

You should add 10 ppm CYA and hopefully be back at 30 for whatever SLAM is left.

The LOL is on me. I misread you 'used the whole bottle' as a bottle of new CYA, not the sample mix squirter thingie. 🤦‍♂️

You should add 10 ppm CYA and hopefully be back at 30 for whatever SLAM is left.
Yeah, I totally forgot about the CYA and I checked my chlorine level after adding yesterday and it was going down so fast. It made no sense because the pool is almost clear. Then I realized my CYA is probably at 10 or even less from backwashing. Anyway. Last time I’m ever letting my pool get this bad lol what a nightmare it was when I opened it to see a dark green sludge. New pool owner lesson learned!

Reactions: newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anyway. Last time I’m ever letting my pool get this bad
There are 2 HUGE benefits of a SLAM. The newb gets a crash course in poolcare and testing/adjusting is a snap down the road, and 2, they never EVER want to do it again. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CTFocusST
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.