First Post, Need help getting my water straightened out.

Okay, I have been looking hard for any returning 'iron' staining and it just isn't there! Im not sure what came back after the stain treatment unless we started getting algae from the FC going to zero?????

Anyway, The pool looks FANTASTIC! We will do the OCLT tonight and then proceed with maintenance doses of sequestrant and AA if that is something that's normally done. And of course get our numbers to the TFP guidelines.

Hoping we will be swimming by Saturday again as the grandbabies are coming from out of town!

Recommendations for sequestrant appreciated! Is the Jack's Magic the stuff to get and which one for my pool with SWG?

Posted a night shot of our fountain in the Backyard Oasis section and didn't get a sniff. We backlit the water plume and it looks really COOL. It is near one end of the pool but does not share pool water. Could not get the video to imbed so you'll have to click the photobucket link.

Thought I would just put it here with my pool thread. Thanks for looking.

1C6D972D-BC04-4394-A6C2-6E2AD3580DB6_zpsmkkxp3hq.mp4 Video by Darryl076 | Photobucket

OCLT test looked good yesterday morning so still in the process of getting FC down and will go from there. Pool looks great!

At what FC level can my grandbabies swim, youngest 3 years old? We were still at 25 last night, I have the SWG off. Lots of sunshine today so hope we are burning it off. 2 hours from home picking up my daughter and grandkids. THEY WILL WANT TO SWIM!!! LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now I seem to have another issue.

I am trying to get my FC down after my SLAM. The SWG has been both disabled and set to 0% (through control panel) since Thursday evening. FC got as high as 41 during SLAM and was dropping okay until it hit 14 yesterday evening. There has been plenty of sunshine today and this evening I am STILL at FC=14.

CC's have been zero, even today. Just mowed my yard (if that matters) and suddenly CC's=1.0, there was some grass blown into the pool but not very much. Is this temporary?

And, of course, why is my FC hung up at 14? Edit: started a new thread on this.

FC STUCK AT 14 with SWG off after SLAM

Started a new thread:

Now I seem to have another issue.

I am trying to get my FC down after my SLAM. The SWG has been both disabled and set to 0% (through control panel) since Thursday evening. FC got as high as 41 during SLAM and was dropping okay until it hit 14 yesterday evening. There has been plenty of sunshine today and this evening I am STILL at FC=14.

CC's have been zero, even today. Just mowed my yard (if that matters) and suddenly CC's=1.0, there was some grass blown into the pool but not very much. Is this temporary (EDIT: CC returned to zero within a couple hours so must have been the grass)

And, of course, why is my FC hung up at 14?

Re: FC STUCK AT 14 with SWG off after SLAM

chlorine is depleted steadily and continuously.....no exceptions. About all that's left is a testing error.

Please keep your posts under one thread. It is very confusing to follow you in two places.

Okay, sorry about that extra thread. I have tested multiple times and I keep getting FC=14. I have tested several times before/during the SLAM and FC reacted as expected. CYA just tested at 65. Not sure what else I can add except I have successfully performed the FC test many times in the last several days.

Do I need to physically unplug the SWG?

Edit: Did a test with the K-1000 as an alternate and the chlorine test was orange instead of yellow so apparently the color does not max out at FC=5, so I must still be very high.

I can't imagine the SWG is working when the switch is off.

There are two things that consume chlorine UV from the sun and organics in your pool. While you may have removed the organics, there is no escaping that UV gets in your pool every day (yes, even some on cloudy days) and depletes your chlorine.

That science is pretty rock solid. What do you think could be happening in your pool to dispute that? I have no idea.

I asked about the CYA because I wanted to let you know, you can go ahead and swim. As long as you are under your SLaM level for your CYA level, you are fine to swim. That should help bring down the FC level at the same time.

Not trying to dispute science. I am baffled, FC was dropping nicely then just stalled. Will regroup after work tomorrow evening and see where we are at.
Never had a problem maintaining 3-5 FC.

Something is strange. Starting fresh tomorrow.

SWG still shows the 20% led lit but it is disabled. I would have thought 'not enabled' and 0% Run time would turn it off?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.