Gold Supporter
Jul 22, 2021
Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello again, TFP! Last fall we started the process of transforming our awful backyard into a small perfect-for-us sized paradise. This will be our first season to actually get to swim in it. The mesh loop-loc cover came off a week ago and we're looking pretty good so far. I've been digesting all of TFP's knowledge for months now and I feel more prepared than I thought I'd be. Just wanted to share the official before and after and the previous construction thread if anyone is finds themselves in the same semi in-ground boat someday.

I've been using my TF Pro test kit and trying to get familiar with everything. I'm sure I'll have questions someday.

Original TFP Construction Thread

Before:
After:

Outstanding! :goodjob:

full

Reactions: Feernot
Hows the pool 2 years later?
So far so good. The only thing I would change is how we did the skimmer setup. They enclosed the skimmer with concrete and I have concerns about water getting trapped between it and the pool walls. I still have no idea how things will go when I inevitably have to replace the liner. It could all come crashing in! Also, if ground water is getting trapped between the concrete and pool walls I could have rust problems in the future. Overall, I'm very happy with the size of the pool and the equipment. It is extremely easy to clean and from the downhill side I can easily stand and put my water deep to pull out test samples. For our yard this was the right decision.

Reactions: newdude