Finally under construction in Midlothian, TX

I really love the texture in your pool...I think I said that already...hahaha! I went lighter shade because of the heat issue, I did ask my PB about the chiller option and they wanted wayyyy to much for it. I figure later I will remove the Nature II and add the chiller :)

:lol: I must have put the fin on backwards.. it's not hugging the wall like they said... Will check in the AM.

arvven said:
I really love the texture in your pool...I think I said that already...hahaha! I went lighter shade because of the heat issue, I did ask my PB about the chiller option and they wanted wayyyy to much for it. I figure later I will remove the Nature II and add the chiller :)

arrven, they can mix the colors I think - they did on ours. maybe not on Pebble tec - not sure. Maybe you PB can lighten it up a tad...??

I've seen folks on here "x-nay" the Nature systems....?? But everybody has to feel comfortable with their own stuff.

I'm loving the pebbletec more and more everyday.. last weekend was full of fun and the sun

the color is starting to really even out
DSC05527-vi.jpg

DSC05529-vi.jpg

DSC05532-vi.jpg

DSC05535-vi.jpg

everybody loves this rolled edge, I can't wait until i can turn on the heat in about 2 weeks
DSC05537-vi.jpg

the brass skimmer covers came in, my wife loves them
DSC05538-vi.jpg

I picked these up from home depot, the bright white pvc drain covers were driving me nuts
DSC05540-vi.jpg

Really nice! I love all the different colors.. I can really see a big difference. Your grates are nice - I have the cheapo white plastic ones.. I'll see if I can find some others.

The plumbers are back here today with the PB... hmmm. PB said they crossed something - dunno.

I am fretting over the numbers I'm getting on the pool. One day no chlorine, today the PH is way out of whack. I'm not supposed to panic, but I am.

imrodee said:
Really nice! I love all the different colors.. I can really see a big difference. Your grates are nice - I have the cheapo white plastic ones.. I'll see if I can find some others.

The plumbers are back here today with the PB... hmmm. PB said they crossed something - dunno.

I am fretting over the numbers I'm getting on the pool. One day no chlorine, today the PH is way out of whack. I'm not supposed to panic, but I am.

thanks, they are 4" Brass NDS Drain covers and the only place I've found them at reasonable price was at Home Depot. I was a little worried because I broke a few of the white drain covers I had pulling them out because they were so tight, but all 5 of the brass drains dropped right into place no problem. I really like that I can remove the grill with a screwdriver if I ever need to clear out the drain also.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/plumbi...nds-4-in-brass-grate-185005.html#.UCAsDKNRvTc

I'm really surprised your PB isn't starting your pool up for you, or are they and you're just testing for practice? Did your contract include the pool school?

I read everywhere that pool start up on fresh plaster is so critical, I’d probably be a nervous wreck worrying I wasn’t doing it right if I had to do it myself.

I’m actually debating letting the my start-up guy service my pool for the summer until I get into the swing of what normal maintenance consist of for a salt pool. I’ll see how I feel after I complete the pool school in a couple of weeks but his fee was very reasonable and it included all the materials which seemed like a decent deal to me.

Maybe I’m being overly cautious who knows, but I’m not jumping for joy or blasting recommendations for my PB until they complete all the details for my build.

My heat pump is still on back order and according to the PB it is scheduled to arrive the week of 8/13. No idea yet of when it will actually be installed so I need to wait and see what happens. I also need my sprinkler rerouted and repaired, 3 pallets of sod put down, fence put up and gate adjusted but that should all be complete by end of this week.

So far this has really been a really nice and painless experience for me and my PB has delivered on everything as promised which is nice considering some of the horror stories I read online from other pool builds.

Good luck on your plumbing issue, hopefully it’s nothing major and you are in business real soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh, the plumbing thing was a fountain wasn't properly hooked up - it took about 15 minutes... but I worry.. YOU know.

I am practicing the water testing.. and I'm not good at it I guess. That's my only issue right now. The PB is taking care of the pool for now..

They haven't done the gas hookup yet, but I think the unit is there. (Unless they did that this morning.) Not sure - I haven't been over to look at that yet.

Thanks again on the drain links.. Those are really nice looking.

I hadn't considered how much would be left to do after the pool was filled with water..Interesting. Our fence is separate from the pool, but I can see the gas and/or equipment not being totally done. Wow, I sure am glad this forum is here and you're ahead of me. Lot's of learning through your experiences! I am sure you're PB will come through for both :)

My landscaper (who worked for a big PB somewhere) mentioned to me that spa/grotto leaks are common. I just took it with a grain of salt. Don't worry, your PB will make it as good as new. You know how sneaky water is. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a simple fix for you!!!!

sorry.. :cry:

:oops: no I haven't :oops:

My start-up guy has been here 2x this week already and has been testing it for me and my work schedule has had me going nuts this week I barely have time to brush 2x a day.

I'm going through the pool school next week when the pool switches to salt so I’m going to try and get a handle on the testing this weekend so that I can ask intelligent questions.

Algae!!! oh no :( Are your pumps running full time? Does your plaster suggest brushing 2x a day for 14days like mine does?

My water looks beautiful but my pool guy just started my system on the 12hr off/on cycle 2 days ago, until then my pump was running full time. I doubt with as much brushing I have been doing algae would ever have a chance. I'm also taking my sweet time getting every nook cranny even though my plaster looks so great I’m sure somehow it's benefiting.

I can't wait to run the Polaris though, there is so much sand from the mastic and loose pebbletec at the bottom of my pool right now. I was actually tempted to get a hand vacuum haha, but I stopped myself since I don't know how well the Polaris is going to work.

On another note, my sprinkler repair and reroute is finished so I'm finally able to water my front yard and sections of my backyard. I was told this morning my grass will be installed tomorrow and they are waiting to put my fence back up until the grass is in.

Also, the plaster company sent some "special" guys to evaluate my spa this morning. They spent about 3 hours trying to find a leak or defect in their work and ultimately decided to take apart the spa drains and seal them again for safe measure. I'll know in a few days if that worked or not, fingers crossed it's that simple.

Running out the door... but, yeah, my pool has zero everything.. but, it looks great! I brush it GOOD twice a day, pumps and water features have run on low speed non stop. Ask your builder if the drains in the spa work the same as the drains in the pool. It isn't as clear as the pool

Keeping my fingers crossed for your spa fix!

Would you do me a favor and just do the simple basic CL and PH test (in that small kit) and let me know what your readings are.. Thanks. later!

How did you make out with your spa leak?

My testing is SOOO much better, thank to this forum and all the smart folks here!!!! yeah!!!

hi imrodee... the leak appears to be gone for now. At least i saw no signs of it over the weekend with the spa return off all night.

My sod was laid out last Friday so i have been spending all my time keeping it moist and praying it takes root without dieing. I need about another pallet laid down since they underestimated my needs and my contract only covered 3 pallets but i have a guy coming Thursday to finish the job.

My heat pump was delivered today, it's getting plummed tomorrow, and the electrical hook up on Thursday so i should be in business for a "hot tub" party before the weekend closes :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.