Aggie_aloha

Apr 3, 2018
Rowlett, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Having the exact same issue and having been slamming for a while. Filter just keeps clogging and I stopped putting de bc of how many times I've had to take filter out to rinse (I detest this the most as a pool owner). Did you ever get your pool resolved? First time this has happened to me in 10 years. I slacked off 1 year bc we had nb twins and the pool guy laughed when I mentioned TFP and proceeded to do his own thing. Spent a lot of money only to get algae.

Moved from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
This is typical during SLAM. You are filtering out the dead algae, etc. Note your clean filter pressure. When the pressure rises 25%, clean the filter again.

Having the exact same issue and having been slamming for a while. Filter just keeps clogging and I stopped putting de bc of how many times I've had to take filter out to rinse (I detest this the most as a pool owner). Did you ever get your pool resolved? First time this has happened to me in 10 years. I slacked off 1 year bc we had nb twins and the pool guy laughed when I mentioned TFP and proceeded to do his own thing. Spent a lot of money only to get algae.

Moved from here.
Don't ever run de filter without de, it'll mess up grids/fingers then you have to replace that expensive part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.