Fighting mustard algae

Without a doubt, only reaching slam level a couple times a day will really make things drag on especially if you’re still losing quite a bit of fc between doses. (You’re only logging your additions not your test results in poolmath so it’s hard to tell exactly what’s happening)
The general idea is that you want to kill algae faster than it proliferates not the other way around. Hitting it hard, every couple hours over the weekend is often enough to get the upper hand & then be able to move to dosing 3-4 x’s a day during the work week.
Also, Did you remove & clean the steps/ladder? Squirt bleach down in any unreachable areas of them. This is war! Take no prisoners 😁
With that much algae/lack of clarity it’s hard to believe your filter pressure hasn’t increased in weeks.
Are you certain your gauge works properly? When the pump is off it should go to zero.
A new gauge is about $12 at lowes.
Life can definitely get in the way of pool stuff sometimes, that’s ok 👍🏻 - make big strides when you’re able to make it a priority. If you hadn’t been maintaining like you have been you probably would be looking at a black swamp right now so kudos for keeping that at bay, now it’s time for the real push if you want to get it over with.
As far as I know the gauge works. I'll pay closer attention and do a backwash anyway.

Reactions: Mdragger88
It is finally turning blue!
That's great! :goodjob: Now keep it going. Hard for us behind our computer screens to always know what has been causing the delay, but I'm sure our recent cooler weather is helping you now. A couple chilly days helps us to maintain FC much better, so take advantage of it. Remember, blue is nice, but crystal clear is even better. Maintain and stick with it.

Happy Academy Awards GIF by Shalita Grant

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.