Fiberglass Pool - do I need to add Calcium?

I have a fiberglass pool. My Ca++2 is about 100. I also have this question on why to add Ca++2?

Appreciate the responses.

Hello! If You need further discussion for your pool, do create your own thread so you can get answers tailored for you. But for your question, this page is super helpful for understanding what your pool needs. You can change the parameters for your type of pool for recommendations.

Reactions: kimkats
I have a fiberglass pool. My Ca++2 is about 100. I also have this question on why to add Ca++2?

Appreciate the responses.

A CH of 100 is probably good enough for a FG pool unless you have waterline tile and grout or a gas heater.

Calcium helps fiberglass pools resist staining and cobalt spotting. Over time, water with low calcium levels will tend to dissolve calcium out of fiberglass surfaces to some extent.

Modern fiberglass pools do not need calcium. If you have waterline tile with grout or a heater you will need calcium in your fiberglass pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.