The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Looks like the actual chart has been replaced by a dialog prompting the user for LC/SWG/SLAM and CYA level. Any chance we can get a link to the previous "chart"? I liked the rows and columns format.

Let's see if it shows when you click this link: FC/CYA Levels

EDIT - No, that doesn't work either. Makes it a bit difficult to point people to a quick reference of the chart. Why would someone want to figure out that new and confusing page when the quick reference chart worked so well before?

Last edited:
Makes it a bit difficult to point people to a quick reference of the chart. Why would someone want to figure out that new and confusing page when the quick reference chart worked so well before?
I share those thoughts.

Report your displeasure to management.

@Sarah and Nate @Leebo
Dear management, please consider bringing the chart back to TFP so that those of us who liked it can use it - or maybe post it one last time so I can snap a screenshot. The new method is more convoluted, though perhaps it can be left up for those who especially love it.

A popular chart indeed. Many discussions behind the scenes about some recent website format changes. Appreciate all the feedback. I can assure you @Leebo and others are evaluating all possible options.

Dear management, please consider bringing the chart back to TFP so that those of us who liked it can use it - or maybe post it one last time so I can snap a screenshot. The new method is more convoluted, though perhaps it can be left up for those who especially love it.

If you just want a screenshot, I have one of the old-old table:

1677882147657.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, please bring the chart back, as burying such a go-to resource in a “further reading” area isn’t intuitive. I understand that issues had been raised about some discrepancies in the chart, but it seems that the chart could just be updated and left as a direct link.

This is also a confusing reference:
  • SWG chlorination can be maintained at a 5% minimum FC/CYA ratio
I figured it out, but given how popular SWG’s have become, why not eliminate the confusion and just show SWG levels in either a separate column in the chart or a separate chart altogether. I’d bet that most new members who are probably new pool owners have no idea what that comment even means. The % is not explained (unless it’s somewhere in the “further reading” material.)

I just made my own excel version, if helpful to anyone. I also tried to better color code it so people know to stay away from the Min FC, and that it is safe to swim up to SLAM levels:

View attachment 482689
Excellent and thank you. I’m opening this weekend and needed a refresher. No idea who this useful tool was deleted.

Reactions: DeadAquaRite
Yes, please bring the chart back, as burying such a go-to resource in a “further reading” area isn’t intuitive. I understand that issues had been raised about some discrepancies in the chart, but it seems that the chart could just be updated and left as a direct link.

This is also a confusing reference:
  • SWG chlorination can be maintained at a 5% minimum FC/CYA ratio
I figured it out, but given how popular SWG’s have become, why not eliminate the confusion and just show SWG levels in either a separate column in the chart or a separate chart altogether. I’d bet that most new members who are probably new pool owners have no idea what that comment even means. The % is not explained (unless it’s somewhere in the “further reading” material.)

This!!!

I don’t understand why it was changed. Was there something broken with the old chart?

Reactions: reggiehammond
Oh yikes. I went looking for the chart too and couldn't find it. But found this. Another request to bring back the chart, OR have *both* the current one and the chart too.?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.