East Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Should/can the FAS/DPD test be done using the magnetic stirrer, or just swirling by hand? New pool owner with water going in today. Thanks.

+100 for speed stir for all tests that need a vial

Makes it so much quicker, consistent and more precise. You focus on drops and color instead of swirling

Reactions: LSU
Absolutely use the stirrer! If I could use the stirrer to mix my coffee, I would use it for that! It's the best part of testing.

Also, I use the light on the stirrer as well. Make sure you keep adding the drops to make the sample clear until there is no further change. You may think the water is clear, but an additional drop makes it even clearer. Once the last drop doesn't create a change, don't count that last drop.

• Haha
Reactions: LSU and mgtfp

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Insant coffee. 25ml sips. (y)

Unfortunately, ordering instant coffee results in Melbourne in instant imprisonment, so that's not an option.

You need to buy your coffee here in hidden inner city cafes, prepared by authentic baristas with retro looking facial hair.

Absolutely use the stirrer! If I could use the stirrer to mix my coffee, I would use it for that! It's the best part of testing.

Also, I use the light on the stirrer as well. Make sure you keep adding the drops to make the sample clear until there is no further change. You may think the water is clear, but an additional drop makes it even clearer. Once the last drop doesn't create a change, don't count that last drop.
The light screws me up for some reason. Probably just a matter of getting used to it. I try every once in awhile but it throws me off

Reactions: LSU
I do have to say instant coffee outside of the US is palatable. Inside the US it’s like drinking mud… ☕

Filling the pool is like brining home a newborn - constant “is it ok? Is something wrong? What’s that! Omg I did something!!”

Breathe, relax, have fun!! And post pictures ….

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.