Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Happy NY Forum

I hate to ask something that might have such an obvious response, but I will attempt it with the hope that I might be wrong.

My filter pressure reading is extremely low, 1 or 2 psi, when I have the pump running with the dedicated vacuum valve fully open. If I turn the main drain valve fully open and close the others, the pressure will jump up to a more normal 5 or 6 psi. If I open the skimmer line fully with the others closed, it remains at a very low 2 or 3 psi. I cleaned the cartridge 3 weeks ago, so it should not be too dirty. Besides, the gauge would tell me otherwise, no?
When my vacuum line is fully and exclusively opened, the Navigator crawls along very slowly and thus keeps cleaning in circles.

Do I have:
1. A bad gauge? - It's very possible, obviously.
2. Some sort of blockage in the dedicated vacuum line?
3. Some sort of blockage in the skimmer line?
4. Something blocking the impeller? I haven't taken the pump apart yet and only checked with 1 hand through the pump's basket opening. It turns freely, but that's not a true indication of a clear impeller.

Thanks for your help

I am assuming that these numbers are not "normal" from what you typically see?

Filter pressure will vary with valve setting but with a 1.5 HP SuperPump on full speed, I would expect higher pressure as well.

All of your possibilities are valid. But did you feel the return line outlet? Is it fairly strong flow? If so, then it is likely a gauge issue. If it feels weaker than normal, then it could be 2-4.

I am assuming that these numbers are not "normal" from what you typically see?

Filter pressure will vary with valve setting but with a 1.5 HP SuperPump on full speed, I would expect higher pressure as well.

All of your possibilities are valid. But did you feel the return line outlet? Is it fairly strong flow? If so, then it is likely a gauge issue. If it feels weaker than normal, then it could be 2-4.

Thank you Mark
On a normal day with a clean filter, pressures hover around 8 to 10 psi, so my current reading is way low. This would lead any of us to think that it should be a gauge issue. And, the return jets look and feel to have the normal output as well. Buy. Why is the navigator crawling along so slowly then?? On the hose line, I have a leaf catcher that I empty every 2 days or so after getting full, and my pump basket is empty.

I'll start with the cheapest troubleshooting step ny replacing the gauge I guess.

Never assume guys.
I last cleaned the cartridge on 12/20 and assumed that it wouldn't be too bad. Wrong was I. It was fairly clogged up with small leaves and other debris. After a good cleaning, the return pressure feels a bit stronger and the navigator moves a bit faster. The gauge, however, still shows 2 psi, so it needs to be replaced.

Problem solved:
The impeller cover had many leaves and twigs stuck in the outlet holes, which explains the low pressure and back and forth suction that I would see.

Weeehewww. Now, to continue my SLAM. Darn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.