EcoStar SP3400VSP Comm Error

Bear1436

May 19, 2023
VA
I have a Aqua Plus with a EcoStar SP3400VSP pump. When I press the filter button on the control panel the pump will not come on. When a scroll through the default menu under filter it has "VSP Comm Error". On the pump it shows Comm Bus "offline. I have tried the following: turned breakers off let sit for 30 sec on turned back on, check the continuity of the control wires between the controller and the pump and connect all others connections . I can control the pump using the timer on the pump and the pump work fine. From the research I have done it looks like either the display board on the controll or the display board on the pump. Any suggestion on how to target which one it my be??

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

You may want to speak to...

I don't think it is worth investing in fixing an EcoStar pump. Replace it with a TriStar VS pump.

@1poolman1 may have other thoughts.

Hard to say. EcoStar and TriStar are the same pump (in 2.7). Newer motor and name change to distance themselves from the EcoStar that definitely had issues with the drive. I've been fortunate with zero problems with mine.
With no automation, I would normally just change the motor if thinking about replacing with a new TriStar. Less than half the price of a new Hayward and still the same pump, just different motor.
Used to install V-Green 2.7 on those instead of new drives as it was less expensive. New V-Green don't come in a 2.7 and they need a time clock, that is usually gone now, for best control.
Now Neptune NPTQ27. Have installed total of 6 of those, in 1.65 and 2.7. First one 4 years ago, last one this Tuesday. Too new to really know longevity, but so far none have gone back to any of my suppliers for warranty issues. They're becoming popular in my area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.