Dont know where to begin as far as my readings go.

jarthurseven

Jun 7, 2022
The pool store provided my results which I have attached. I'm concerned about the high tds at 3800 which they told me to remove and refill water but looking at precious threads seems like that I should not be concerned? I have approximately a 15,000 gallon plaster pool. They said I have a high pH 8 1 and low cya at 12. I just don't know what to do first. Also have yellow mustard algae growth which I have removed from walls but now Want to start the process of balancing my pool but again don't know in what order. Also do I shock the pool after?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630_164558.jpg
    Screenshot_20230630_164558.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 11
welcome to tfp
unfortunately pool store test results are very inaccurate
so reluctant to offer any advice, which may cause more harm than good
first step, order a quality test kit
add 1.5 quarts of liquid chlorine daily
until you can supply some accurate test numbers

Reactions: Bperry
The pool store provided my results which I have attached. I'm concerned about the high tds at 3800 which they told me to remove and refill water but looking at precious threads seems like that I should not be concerned? I have approximately a 15,000 gallon plaster pool. They said I have a high pH 8 1 and low cya at 12. I just don't know what to do first. Also have yellow mustard algae growth which I have removed from walls but now Want to start the process of balancing my pool but again don't know in what order. Also do I shock the pool after?
If we believed the pool store tests (we don’t…), the issue is low chlorine causing algae. You’de be wise to not let them do any more testing and get one of the two recommended kits below to test yourself and use the SLAM process to fix the algae.

TDS is a mostly meaningless number.

Your going to have to SLAM your pool SLAM - Shock Level and Maintain

Then follow mustard algae protocol. Mustard Algae

In the meantime, Order the test kit, and 5 ppm of liquid chlorine daily until you receive it. Then post your test results.

Fill out your signature with details about your pool and equipment.

In the meantime, Order the test kit, and 5 ppm of liquid chlorine daily until you receive it. Then post your test results.

Fill out your signature with details about your pool and equipment.
Do this now. Read the other articles @RLP linked in the meantime. We can assist with guidance if the articles seem overwhelming. We just can’t do it without accurate testing, and nobody can. TF100 or Taylor K-2006C are one of the kits you need.

The 5ppm Chlorine daily will treat your pool in the meantime. If you post your pool volume we can guide you for how much Liquid Chlorine or Bleach that is.

The alternative is pay the Pool Store loads more money for treatments that likely won’t fix the issue, or pay a pool company to treat the symptoms without curing the disease. Both are significantly more expensive than accurate testing and fixing the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.