Dolphin Skimmi

Dave,

Why do your skimmers not work???

Thanks,

Jim R.
I can’t tell if this is facetious or not.

If it’s serious, I am perplexed as to the question. Do you never have to use a leaf net? In the spring, for example, we have ridiculous numbers of catkins to a level our skimmers will never handle on their own. My wife skims them with the net in the morning, and I do it when I get home. In addition, our neighbors have trees. Trees have lots of leaves.

If it’s facetious, just let me know and I’ll move on.

If it’s facetious, just let me know and I’ll move on.
It's not facetious. I had a stoopid number of oaks at my old house and they'd jam pack the skimmers and I could empty them several times a day. But they never once stopped flow. And I never once netted them. 98% made the skimmer and the other 2% got vac'd off the floor.

Buy your toy if you want a toy. We get it. We're all 'enthusiasts' here. 😁

But your skimmers do their job just fine without it.

Dave,

I was serious, but did not mean to say it in a way to upset you... :(

You make a good point, as I probably don't get near the leaves that you must get.

I know nothing about the device itself... You should buy it and give us a review. :mrgreen:

Edit... I am not sure of the size of the device, but if the leaves overwhelm your skimmers, would they not just overwhelm the device??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Just get a Betta SE Plus and be done with it. Make sure you buy the 3 year warranty.