East Hampton, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I just purchased a Dolphin active 40. It constantly gets stuck on the main drain cover. I tried tuning off the pump for the main drain which helped somewhat. I purchased the zodiac unibridge main drain cover (on Amazon $76). I tried it with no modifications. The dolphin had some success but still got stuck. So I took prior advice and removed the unibridge from the pool , and then used a jig saw to cut the center out. Walah!! The dolphin has now been transversing the cover 100 % of the time. Had this not worked I was considering returning the dolphin.

Moved from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just purchased a Dolphin active 40. It constantly gets stuck on the main drain cover. I tried tuning off the pump for the main drain which helped somewhat. I purchased the zodiac unibridge main drain cover (on Amazon $76). I tried it with no modifications. The dolphin had some success but still got stuck. So I took prior advice and removed the unibridge from the pool , and then used a jig saw to cut the center out. Walah!! The dolphin has now been transversing the cover 100 % of the time. Had this not worked I was considering returning the dolphin.

Attached are two pics. It’s hard to see but I cut out the center from the cover.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    751.2 KB · Views: 23
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.