DIY 32x16 ish pool on steep slope

Hi guys,

Figured I'd provide an update now that I'm in my 3rd season with this Intex pool. Over the winter I build a "power room" extension to the house facing towards the pool. So during April, I build a patio to butt up against the wood decking.

patio-01.JPG
patio-01.JPG

patio-05.JPG
patio-05.JPG

patio-08.JPG
patio-08.JPG

patio-11.JPG
patio11.JPG

patio-12.JPG
patio12.JPG

seeding10.JPG
seeding10.JPG

Unfortunately, the tree right next to the pool did not like having some of its roots cut, and started dropping all kinds of nasty stuff into the pool, so it had to go.

pool%20tree02.JPG
pool tree02.JPG

Attachments

• patio-02.JPG
    patio-02.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey guys. I restored all my pictures to this thread by uploading them directly to the forum.

Just opened up the pool for its 6th season. Amazingly, the Intex pool is still looking good except the color has bleached out a lot. There is also heavy wear on the liner top edge from where the tarp cover rubs against it each winter when it is windy.

Some fresh pics I just took.

pool_5_10_21_0.JPG

pool_5_10_21_1.JPG

pool_5_10_21_2.JPG

Starting in late 2017, I began installing solar panels and have 50 kw now, which is way more than what my house uses. They are mostly there to power my crypto mining operation, but having free power in the house is a nice bonus.

pool_5_10_21_3.JPG

Drone shot from back in February:

solar_panels_areal.JPG

Anyway, this will likely be the last season for this Intex pool/liner. I'm thinking this coming winter/spring, I'll look at replacing the Intex with a "real" in-ground vinyl pool from PoolWarehouse.com. Anyone have experience with those guys, good or bad?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.