Desperate for help

Just a nice-to-have, but if you update your profile with your pool details, the smarty-pants around here can give you better tailored advice too.
4 gallons of 12.5% in 30k should raise FC by close to 17ppm - if it's only going up 9 points, either you're killing stuff :)cheers:) or your LC is iffy (😡).

Reactions: Newdude
Just a nice-to-have, but if you update your profile with your pool details, the smarty-pants around here can give you better tailored advice too.
4 gallons of 12.5% in 30k should raise FC by close to 17ppm - if it's only going up 9 points, either you're killing stuff :)cheers:) or your LC is iffy (😡).
the LC isn’t the issue. Lol. It’s killing and burning thru it. The demand should lessen over time.

@Twindad23
I just finished my first SLAM process and all I can say is listen to the advice all these wise people have. When I had doubts or concerns I just added a message to my thread and lots of people were very willing to help out and respond extremely fast too. There were days I could test and add liquid chlorine every hour and then days I could only do it a couple of times.

These people on TFP all have been a great group and very helpful. I wish I would have read more of the forums back in 2021 when I joined because I have learned a lot in the last two weeks on here.

You got this.
Just curious…how long did it take you to complete the SLAM process?

Just curious…how long did it take you to complete the SLAM process?
Seven days before I passed all 3 test and then I let it go for one extra day just to be safe (suggested by members here), so a total of 8 days. I think I ended up using a total of 20 gallons of LC. I started the process on a Saturday night that way I was able to test and add every hour on Sunday. Then during the week while I had to work I would test first thing in the morning and add the LC needed to reach SLAM and then test when I got home after work and every hour till I went to bed. There were also a couple of days I was able to work from home so I got to tend to it more often. It was a process for sure but well worth it. Because I am who I am between all the test I was on TFP reading as much as I could to gain knowledge. Again all the folks on here were very helpful and quick to respond if I added comments on my original post so it was very helpful.

So after the last 4 gallons of LC…i overshot my target by a little. My FC is 25. The target was 20. I will say there is slight oily like debris with minimal bubbles floating on the water now that wasn’t there before. I imagine that is the chlorine doing its thing. Staying committed. Will check again in an hour or two. #ProjectSLAM #FixmyPool

Reactions: reggiehammond

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you gone on a full blown algae hunt ? You're looking for anywhere it can hide in plain sight like ladder rails, light niches or all up in the skimmer. (Including the foam behind the door). Literally every inch is suspect until it's been inspected and cleaned.

And don't skimp on brushing. Many times it's layers thick on the floor/walls and each brushing exposes more to be killed.

Have you gone on a full blown algae hunt ? You're looking for anywhere it can hide in plain sight like ladder rails, light niches or all up in the skimmer. (Including the foam behind the door). Literally every inch is suspect until it's been inspected and cleaned.

And don't skimp on brushing. Many times it's layers thick on the floor/walls and each brushing exposes more to be killed.
Looked at all of those places. THe only place I haven’t searched is my booster pump for the spa. It’s not been used this year. I should probably fire it up and check it out. Everything else looks great. No signs of algae anywhere else.

THe only place I haven’t searched is my booster pump for the spa. It’s not been used this year. I should probably fire it up and check it out.
That's the perfect example of a spot hiding old water, to start reintroducing the algae the moment you end slam. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.